Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
I forgot to add this pic taken during a flex test. You can see the tre cocked in relation to its arm. Offroading is illegal in New York, so I can't do it as often as I'd like to. Just a couple of forklift tests was enough to introduce a shimmy caused by the pinch bolts being out muscled by the bushings lack of misalignment.
20200918_151217.jpg
20200918_151127.jpg
Yeah, how much flex do you really need in NY :whatsgoingon: :LOL:
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I forgot to add this pic taken during a flex test. You can see the tre cocked in relation to its arm. Offroading is illegal in New York, so I can't do it as often as I'd like to. Just a couple of forklift tests was enough to introduce a shimmy caused by the pinch bolts being out muscled by the bushings lack of misalignment.
20200918_151217.jpg
20200918_151127.jpg
Are you talking about off roading not at an off road park is what is illegal?

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Are you talking about off roading not at an off road park is what is illegal?
Pretty sure that when I was driving around southern AZ in the 70s there were no off road parks. Other hand, we werent looking for obstacles, just trying to get to interesting places.

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
So I decided last night was the night to stop taking a sleep aide I've been using for a very long time. It had been on the "todo" list for a while, especially after I saw this.

Then this morning, I read this...

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27637870/

Good call, Steveo! 'cept I'm sure major backlash insomnia will occur for a few days/weeks. :(

But yeah, didn't sleep well (if at all.) Gonna be a long day. Much caffeine will be consumed.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure that when I was driving around southern AZ in the 70s there were no off road parks. Other hand, we werent looking for obstacles, just trying to get to interesting places.
I think that is still the case out west. Here where I live its either Private Property or State owned land. Either way there is no trespassing.

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I think that is still the case out west. Here where I live its either Private Property or State owned land. Either way there is no trespassing.
Town I lived in had grazing and mining leases all around, then Tohono O'odom reservation to the southeast, federal land northeast, Organpipe Monument south, Cabeza Prieta Wilderness west, and Luke AFB gunnery range north....we usually stayed off the gunnery range. Warthogs and stuff.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Town I lived in had grazing and mining leases all around, then Tohono O'odom reservation to the southeast, federal land northeast, Organpipe Monument south, Cabeza Prieta Wilderness west, and Luke AFB gunnery range north....we usually stayed off the gunnery range. Warthogs and stuff.
I had plenty of time on those ranges in a HMMWV. I didn't get into any of the technical trails until I bought my Jeep. I personally think I should have gotten a Jeep when I lived out west. I had a lot of open desert around 29 Palms that would have been a great to just cruise around in 4 wheel drive.
Sponsored