Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I was hoping for a mini series rather than a movie. Little more time to do it right. IMHO
Well this is only the first half, and I'm hoping they get to make Part 2 soon.
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Fukrz! I’m back from the dead. Tested pos for Covid on the 2nd, kicked it’s ass last week, but my sleep schedule (or lack of) is still keeping me at home. That and I fukn hate my job. Anyhoo… Great to be back among the living. Or am I undead?

PS, no hospital. Too stubborn. Plus my doc never fukn responded. She’s fired.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Any creative ideas on getting rid of a rear seat? It's sitting in a plastic bag in the barn with no plans of ever being used, just waiting for the mice to eventually get to it.
Help a security guard today!

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Hey Fukrz! I’m back from the dead. Tested pos for Covid on the 2nd, kicked it’s ass last week, but my sleep schedule (or lack of) is still keeping me at home. That and I fukn hate my job. Anyhoo… Great to be back among the living. Or am I undead?

Right on man, way to kick its ass!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Iirc, it was something about the seals trapping water in the axle. Meaning, water still gets in somehow but then isn't allowed to drain back out. Probably not a concern unless you're fording a lot. Having some CRS today tho due to shiddy sleep.
I'll have to keep an eye on them. Thanks for the heads up!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Dude... Glad you did all right, and I hope it was just a minor inconvenience for you.

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
I'll have to keep an eye on them. Thanks for the heads up!
I just found this thread on some JK forums on the topic, too...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/outer-axle-seals-rcv-axle-shafts-328037/

See posts #2 and #3.

I think that's what I'd read a year+ ago. I think he makes a good point about not knowing if the inner seals have gone bad.

It also has a lot to do with the fact that I'm too lazy to figure out how to get them on the already-assembled shafts I'm getting. It requires some disassembly of the shafts, yes?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Dude... Glad you did all right, and I hope it was just a minor inconvenience for you.
It was brutal. Not sure if caused by Rona, but had a sinus infection from hell. All good now though, other than fatigue. Thx Sean

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It was brutal. Not sure if caused by Rona, but had a sinus infection from hell. All good now though, other than fatigue. Thx Sean
I'm certainly glad you're doing better now.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Any of the fasteners that will need to be new when swapping in the RR knuckles etc.? Like one-time-use types?
The rcv axles come with 6 new 12-point headed bolts for reattaching the hub assemblies. Did you be chance get those with the shafts? Other than those, the Dynatrac ball joints come with castleated nuts and cotter pins. The only other hardware is the 3 bolts for the brake disc backing plate, an Allen cap screw for the abs plug, an 2 caliper bracket bolts that are all perfectly fine to reuse. You mightbwanna be prepared with new boots for the tie rod and drag link. They rarely survive the pickle fork.

The only semi annoying part of the whole job was caused by the inner C's on the axles being tapered around the ball joint bores. Especially the uppers. My harbor freight removal/installation bushings were square, so I had to use a 1/4" steel piece of scrap to fill the gap and keep the driver bushing square during the pressing out of the old and in with the new. Otherwise, a bolt off and back on again affair.
Sponsored