Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
The Vietnamese folks who owned this place before me went crazy on planting stuff. I'm still finding new varieties out there. What pisses me off is the stuff I like...the plum tree, the Dragon fruit, peaches, etc. don't put out much fruit. The pomegranate, guava (another one that I don't get, full of BB-like seeds) and persimmon trees put out a shit-ton of fruit. The Jujubes are just getting ripe. They're at least edible and not terribly sweet.
My nemesis on my property are muscadine grapes, or more specifically vines. They're another zombie plant. The vines grow underground, over the ground, up and down trees, and even grow into trees. They're like kudzu- they take over the land. And I've never seen the first damn grape!
Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I was told years ago that a Jeep/Bronco/Land Rover is a 4WD, and a 4x4 is a piece of lumber. Now stickered on the side of every 4WD pickup is a proclamation that it's a chunk of wood! And the reason for that is that it used to be obvious if a truck was or wasn't 4WD. Now 2 and 4 wheel drive are both the same height.
The "4X4", "FX4" and other four wheel drive badging on the rear of pickups is ridiculous, who cares if your pickup is 2WD or 4WD.

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
The "4X4", "FX4" and other four wheel drive badging on the rear of pickups is ridiculous, who cares if your pickup is 2WD or 4WD.
Or if it's a TuRD Off Road?

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Mesquite is weedlike too. They have a deep taproot and they just keep coming back. My wife mixes up a concoction of vinegar, salt and dish soap to kill the weeds (we have no grass, just rocks), turns out it'll kill the shit out of mesquite too.

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
My nemesis on my property are muscadine grapes, or more specifically vines. They're another zombie plant. The vines grow underground, over the ground, up and down trees, and even grow into trees. They're like kudzu- they take over the land. And I've never seen the first damn grape!
Have you tried napalm?

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Next you're going to tell me that Wahlsaint doesn't drive a Pilot.
He’s not a pilot. Engineering type geek at the big plane house. He’s Porsche and Jeep.

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
In the same battle myself right now, if I trip over one more vine/root I think I am going to take Round Up Brush killer to the whole area (back area of our yard I'm trying to leave semi-natural).

Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
FB_IMG_1632199086668.jpg

Billy

Threads