Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Jeep Hair

First Name
Bree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I kind of wonder about the motives for the folks who insist on a stick nowadays. Is it more fun, more control? Is there an image thing, or tradition? Not judging or criticizing, just curious.
I learned on a stick, in the mountains of TN. It's fun, probably the number one reason for me. It's muscle memory, drove sticks my whole life. Automatics make me almost fly through the windshield when I brake, never liked them. I only drove one (the car I was in before I got the Jeep). Also, and not something that will probably ever happen again in my life (but happened plenty on the crappy Honda Civic I learned to drive on around 1980), you can push start the car if it's dead as a doorknob. Just as long as you're not pointed uphill lol.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I suppose my comment was about as clear as Los Angeles air. I meant off-road, where I've heard of people being ridiculed for using low range!
So far I have not met anyone with that attitude. I can't imagine I'd go wheel with someone like that willingly either.

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
That's actually what they teach in the UK for beginner drivers, except they want you to do it even on a flat road. I can see Hill Start Assist being helpful in this situation as well, but does the hand brake work better?
My 2020 Civic has HSA, and that's an invention that beats sliced bread. The car has an electric parking brake, so no handbrake hijinks anyhow. But the EPB releases automatically, So it can be engaged and thereafter ignored if stopped on a hill.

Sponsored

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My 2020 Civic has HSA, and that's an invention that beats sliced bread. The car has an electric parking brake, so no handbrake hijinks anyhow. But the EPB releases automatically, So it can be engaged and thereafter ignored if stopped on a hill.
But the electric parking brake doesn't automatically release if your seatbelt isn't connected. So I stop at the dumpster at work to toss in a trash bag, get back in the car to drive around to the parking area, and start dragging the rear tires. And then the seatbelt nanny starts dinging. First world problems.

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gonna leave you guys with a little Word Find puzzle while I go pick up my child...

:LOL:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210919_170446
Bouncher? Saraha? Renagade? Is this a word find or a spelling test?

Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna leave you guys with a little Word Find puzzle while I go pick up my child...

:LOL:

20210919_170446.jpg
Figures...the first word that jumps out at me is "topless". HAHA Next one is "boobie"...gave up after that. That is all I came to see. HAHA Topless Boobies!!!

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Figures...the first word that jumps out at me is "topless". HAHA Next one is "boobie"...gave up after that. That is all I came to see. HAHA Topless Boobies!!!
I like yer style!

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer
That's actually what they teach in the UK for beginner drivers, except they want you to do it even on a flat road. I can see Hill Start Assist being helpful in this situation as well, but does the hand brake work better?
This is in the alleyway behind a rowhouse. You need to creep because anything more than 5mph will take you into a wall. HSA doesn't work too well when you need to take your time I find.
Sponsored