Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Morning all!

Chill in the air this morning.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1631882464892

🥶
My Hard top will be going back on next week... Its for a road trip to Florida so I can have cargo room for luggage, but I guess just in time for the cold to come in too. lol

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ft. Lost in the Woods! My son did basic and Engineer School there. Then three trips to the Sand Box which was enough for him!
Gregj
I've never been to Leonard Wood, I guess I lucked out, lol!

Sponsored

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer
:bandit:

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Morning all!

Chill in the air this morning.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1631882464892

🥶
This is the forecast next week for Deadwood, SD...Going to be extra loving me some Black Hills!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1631885910781

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Happy Friday Jeep peeps.

Apologies for an upcoming minor venting of frustrations, but I didn't get any sleep last night and am feeling a little grumpy and confused.

At essentially every one of my daughter's home volleyball games, I've been short changed at the concession stand. Students from the school's other sports teams work it, with an adult supervising. If the cost is, say, $4.50, and I give them $10.00, the kids inevitably stand over the money box and you can almost see the gears turning in their heads trying to do the math, and then they hand me $4.50 back and say thank you. If the bill is $6.50, I get back $2.50. My wife was buying $2.50 worth of stuff and gave the kid $20.50. The kid hands her the $0.50 back saying he would just end up giving it back to her with her change. She told him, no you would give me an even $18.00 back. The money goes to the athletic program, so I have not, as yet, said anything. But it saddens me that the students at what is really a very good school, can't do simple money transactions correctly.

Then Tuesday this week it got worse. The kid taking my money had a calculator, and used it. My change was still $1.00 short. And then last night, at an away game, their concession stand had all adult workers. I thought I was actually going to get correct change back...nope. $1.00 short, just like always.

Is there some kind of new math out there, or did we switch to something other than base 10?? WTH is going on?

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
This is the forecast next week for Deadwood, SD...Going to be extra loving me some Black Hills!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1631885910781
I'm loving the return to saner temperatures. The hard top will go back on after the first snow. Maybe.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Friday Jeep peeps.

Apologies for an upcoming minor venting of frustrations, but I didn't get any sleep last night and am feeling a little grumpy and confused.

At essentially every one of my daughter's home volleyball games, I've been short changed at the concession stand. Students from the school's other sports teams work it, with an adult supervising. If the cost is, say, $4.50, and I give them $10.00, the kids inevitably stand over the money box and you can almost see the gears turning in their heads trying to do the math, and then they hand me $4.50 back and say thank you. If the bill is $6.50, I get back $2.50. My wife was buying $2.50 worth of stuff and gave the kid $20.50. The kid hands her the $0.50 back saying he would just end up giving it back to her with her change. She told him, no you would give me an even $18.00 back. The money goes to the athletic program, so I have not, as yet, said anything. But it saddens me that the students at what is really a very good school, can't do simple money transactions correctly.

Then Tuesday this week it got worse. The kid taking my money had a calculator, and used it. My change was still $1.00 short. And then last night, at an away game, their concession stand had all adult workers. I thought I was actually going to get correct change back...nope. $1.00 short, just like always.

Is there some kind of new math out there, or did we switch to something other than base 10?? WTH is going on?
Common Core at work?

Jeep Hair

First Name
Bree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
So that's Victoria"s secret. I'm kinda disappointed. I think it's more likely an anti-theft device. For it to be a tracker, it would need a power source.
I dunno, isnt Victoria's Secret owned by Les Wexner who allegedly was in some way associated with Epstein or some other pedophile? been a while since I read it and CRS does take a toll. Wouldn't surprise me if it ALSO was a tracker. Not at home so cant dig on that at the moment.