Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
After a busy morning, I did some lunch research and online ordering, and now think I'm having a good day.

At out house, Halloween is a pretty big deal. We have a chili cook-off, costume contest and ping pong tourney at work (it used to be kick ball, but we've had a few too many injuries). And at home, I always decorate the house and yard and wear a costume, mostly with a theme of some sort, and stay outside to pass out the candy to the trick or treaters. Some of the themes have been a mad scientist in my lab, man in black with a crashed UFO and alien autopsy table, Dr. Nefario (from the Despicable Me/Minions movies), and Dentist. I have smart spot lights aimed at the house that flash along with a thunderstorm soundtrack, etc. I thought I was a shoe-in as Fat Thor for the work costume contest last year, but lost to Mrs. Doubtfire. That was a tough loss.

Last year was the first in the new house, and I didn't have a theme, just put out all of the tombstones, gargoyles, spiders, etc. and tried out Atmos FX digital decorations, with ghosts at the windows, which looked great.

So I wanted to get back to a theme, and my daughters vetoed buying a ton of old creepy dolls from Goodwill and having them all over the yard, in the tress, etc. So I was leaning toward just doing a mad scientist lab again as I already have most everything for it and it would be new for this neighborhood. But I wanted a Tesla coil or Jacob's ladder to add to it. I couldn't really find anything that fit the bill for what I was imagining, so I got on the Atmos FX website to see if they had any mad scientist digital decorations that might work. They didn't, but they do have some T-Rex and Velociraptor stuff. And I know just where to hang the holoscreen outside for that.

After that, I spent some time on Amazon to order a Hawaiian shirt, glasses, member's only style jacket, raincoat, a can of Barbasol, and a few other things...so I'll be passing out candy as Dennis Nedry...
1631646340809.png

I wonder if I can get the Jeep into the front yard...
Maybe some of the kickball peeps couldn't dodge a wrench.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) WrenchThrow
Sponsored

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Maybe some of the kickball peeps couldn't dodge a wrench.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) fireinthehole
LOL, no, the work dodge ball tourney is typically in February.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
After a busy morning, I did some lunch research and online ordering, and now think I'm having a good day.

At out house, Halloween is a pretty big deal. We have a chili cook-off, costume contest and ping pong tourney at work (it used to be kick ball, but we've had a few too many injuries). And at home, I always decorate the house and yard and wear a costume, mostly with a theme of some sort, and stay outside to pass out the candy to the trick or treaters. Some of the themes have been a mad scientist in my lab, man in black with a crashed UFO and alien autopsy table, Dr. Nefario (from the Despicable Me/Minions movies), and Dentist. I have smart spot lights aimed at the house that flash along with a thunderstorm soundtrack, etc. I thought I was a shoe-in as Fat Thor for the work costume contest last year, but lost to Mrs. Doubtfire. That was a tough loss.

Last year was the first in the new house, and I didn't have a theme, just put out all of the tombstones, gargoyles, spiders, etc. and tried out Atmos FX digital decorations, with ghosts at the windows, which looked great.

So I wanted to get back to a theme, and my daughters vetoed buying a ton of old creepy dolls from Goodwill and having them all over the yard, in the tress, etc. So I was leaning toward just doing a mad scientist lab again as I already have most everything for it and it would be new for this neighborhood. But I wanted a Tesla coil or Jacob's ladder to add to it. I couldn't really find anything that fit the bill for what I was imagining, so I got on the Atmos FX website to see if they had any mad scientist digital decorations that might work. They didn't, but they do have some T-Rex and Velociraptor stuff. And I know just where to hang the holoscreen outside for that.

After that, I spent some time on Amazon to order a Hawaiian shirt, glasses, member's only style jacket, raincoat, a can of Barbasol, and a few other things...so I'll be passing out candy as Dennis Nedry...
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) tenor (12)

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) SeinfeldHelloNewman

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) SeinfeldHelloNewman

That's great!

I'm usually the guy with minimal decorations and a tub of candy to hand out.

Love this time of year, so you would think I would put more effort into it. :turkey:

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
In the purist sense, very true. CRS prevented me from remembering the top that I clearly saw. lol