Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I haven't gotten to that point yet but I just ignore any California number now. NC numbers are more likely to actually be for me so I answer.
Once the "warranty" assholes and other telemarketer assholes started spoofing local numbers a few years ago I quit, anyone not on my very short list can leave a damn message. I have a company provided phone also that I use 90% more than my personal, get spam calls on that one also.
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Round two around Yankee Hill with my brother in law Daryle, who has never been offroad before. He is use to his BMW X5, which is peppy and very comfy, but would not be going up these roads.

IMG_4638.JPEG

IMG_7354.JPEG

This is his video that he shared with me. He was a bit unsure. :LOL:

IMG_4645.JPEG

IMG_4644.JPEG

IMG_7358.JPEG

It was a clear day for a change!

IMG_4647.JPEG

Followed up with beer and pizza of coarse!

I'm glad he came out to join me for a bit of fun. Nothing extreme but it was great to surprise someone with what a Jeep can do. I did tell him that I was up there with stock sports the other day. None had an issue getting up these "milder" roads.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Round two around Yankee Hill with my brother in law Daryle, who has never been offroad before. He is use to his BMW X5, which is peppy and very comfy, but would not be going up these roads.

IMG_4638.JPEG

IMG_7354.JPEG

IMG_4645.JPEG

IMG_4644.JPEG

IMG_7358.JPEG

IMG_4647.JPEG

I'm glad he came out to join me for a bit of fun. Nothing extreme but it was great to surprise someone with what a Jeep can do. I did tell him that I was up there with stock sports the other day. None had an issue getting up these "milder" roads.
Looks like an awesome time was had!

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
I finally got a ride in this morning without having to choke on camp fire thick smoke.

1631636382701.png
I was noticing that I can see the foothills from my house (in Castle Rock) pretty clearly today. They're only a couple miles west but they've been obscured bad enough I couldn't see them at all. I can even make out some detail on them as I look out my window.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_4638.JPEG

IMG_7354.JPEG

IMG_4645.JPEG

IMG_4644.JPEG

IMG_7358.JPEG

IMG_4647.JPEG

Awesome!! Nekkid too! Thx for sharing.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It's not often you get a pic of a trail that actually does justice to the actual difficulty of the trail, this is one of those pics. All the big ass rocks in my pics look flat, lol
It still looks flat in the pictures to me. I am fairly sure Daryle thought we were going right which was a bit more incline but not nearly as rough.

It was fun. :handsinair:

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Spam calls are pretty much why I never answer the phone unless I know the number.
I try to hold to that theory also...but there are times when you are waiting for a call back and you don't have the number saved...then you answer the call and DAMMIT!!!! Another spammer!!!!! And then you are tentative to answer the next call. HAHA

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
Spam calls are pretty much why I never answer the phone unless I know the number.
Oh! Been calling for weeks, thought you may have just accidentally passed us all the wrong number :giggle:

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_4638.JPEG

IMG_7354.JPEG
YIKES!!! Definitely shows the terrain well. This isn't a "road"...that is a trail...at best!!! HAHAHA

Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The quote of the day at the very end of the video...

"WWWOOWWW...that is pretty fucking awesome"

Yeah, I would say he had a good time and probably a much better understanding of the capabilities of the JL Wrangler!

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer

IMG_4638.JPEG

IMG_7354.JPEG

IMG_4645.JPEG

IMG_4644.JPEG

IMG_7358.JPEG

IMG_4647.JPEG

o/~ I hop right in to that Jeep of mine, I travel 'round the world... o/~

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I try to hold to that theory also...but there are times when you are waiting for a call back and you don't have the number saved...then you answer the call and DAMMIT!!!! Another spammer!!!!! And then you are tentative to answer the next call. HAHA
I think that this is what upsets me most. I'm missing legitimate calls because I'm constantly barraged with spam calls. :angry:

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
After a busy morning, I did some lunch research and online ordering, and now think I'm having a good day.

At our house, Halloween is a pretty big deal. We have a chili cook-off, costume contest and ping pong tourney at work (it used to be kick ball, but we've had a few too many injuries). And at home, I always decorate the house and yard and wear a costume, mostly with a theme of some sort, and stay outside to pass out the candy to the trick or treaters. Some of the themes have been a mad scientist in my lab, man in black with a crashed UFO and alien autopsy table, Dr. Nefario (from the Despicable Me/Minions movies), and Dentist. I have smart spot lights aimed at the house that flash along with a thunderstorm soundtrack, etc. I thought I was a shoe-in as Fat Thor for the work costume contest two years ago, but lost to Mrs. Doubtfire. That was a tough loss.

Last year was the first in the new house, and I didn't have a theme, just put out all of the tombstones, gargoyles, spiders, etc. and tried out Atmos FX digital decorations, with ghosts at the windows, which looked great.

So I wanted to get back to a theme, and my daughters vetoed buying a ton of old creepy dolls from Goodwill and having them all over the yard, in the tress, etc. So I was leaning toward just doing a mad scientist lab again as I already have most everything for it and it would be new for this neighborhood. But I wanted a Tesla coil or Jacob's ladder to add to it. I couldn't really find anything that fit the bill for what I was imagining, so I got on the Atmos FX website to see if they had any mad scientist digital decorations that might work. They didn't, but they do have some T-Rex and Velociraptor stuff. And I know just where to hang the holoscreen outside for that.

After that, I spent some time on Amazon to order a Hawaiian shirt, glasses, member's only style jacket, raincoat, a can of Barbasol, and a few other things...so I'll be passing out candy as Dennis Nedry...
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1631646340809

I wonder if I can get the Jeep into the front yard...
Sponsored

Last edited: