Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Wrote another thing.

Let's talk about suicide, just for a minute. Yes, I know this is not a fun conversation, but it's an important one.
There's a lot of stigma about suicide, and suicidal thoughts. Most of which makes it difficult for people to come forward, and ask for help.
This has to end. Now. We have lost too many people to depression. Good people. Strong people. People that, "I never thought would do that". That in itself is part of the problem.
Anyone can suffer from this, and in fact some of the happiest, or strongest people suffer in silence.
A couple of my best friends have dealt with suicidal thoughts for years, and even attempted it before. I personally have them almost everyday. I'm never going to cross that line, so don't worry. I can't transfer my pain to the people around me. I just can't, and this conversation is not about me. I'm just an example.
For all you Christians in the audience, the bible does not condemn suicide. The Catholic church does, but it's not in the book. So stop hiding behind your religion as a way of avoiding the issue.
Your friends, and family may, in fact, need your help, and just parroting that it's a sin will not, shockingly, make it go away. I know, crazy ain't it.
It's also not an "easy way out", or cowardly. It takes a lot to end your own life, but sometimes it seems like it's the only option. Telling people who come to you either one of those things, may actually push them over the edge. Add just enough pain to make it worth doing. Are you really prepared to be the reason someone you love kills themselves? Really? Just to sound morally superior for a few minutes. You really think that's worth it?
If someone you know comes to you about being suicidal, get them help. They may be mad at you for a while, but you very well may save their life. They'll forgive you eventually.
Most importantly, I want you all to remember that suicide, and suicidal thoughts, are a symptom of a disease. It's not anyone's first choice, but their brain won't let them see a better way out. They can't help it. They are a victim themselves.
In closing, check on the people you know, and be compassionate. You could save a life.
Getting someone help, they will be extremely angry with you... but that's a price to pay to help them through it.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
And today's Dilbert is fitting... The one quote I was working on the longest and put the most effort into was the one we wound up not sending out yesterday...

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1631629160235

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1631630800368

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Wrote another thing.

Let's talk about suicide, just for a minute. Yes, I know this is not a fun conversation, but it's an important one.
There's a lot of stigma about suicide, and suicidal thoughts. Most of which makes it difficult for people to come forward, and ask for help.
This has to end. Now. We have lost too many people to depression. Good people. Strong people. People that, "I never thought would do that". That in itself is part of the problem.
Anyone can suffer from this, and in fact some of the happiest, or strongest people suffer in silence.
A couple of my best friends have dealt with suicidal thoughts for years, and even attempted it before. I personally have them almost everyday. I'm never going to cross that line, so don't worry. I can't transfer my pain to the people around me. I just can't, and this conversation is not about me. I'm just an example.
For all you Christians in the audience, the bible does not condemn suicide. The Catholic church does, but it's not in the book. So stop hiding behind your religion as a way of avoiding the issue.
Your friends, and family may, in fact, need your help, and just parroting that it's a sin will not, shockingly, make it go away. I know, crazy ain't it.
It's also not an "easy way out", or cowardly. It takes a lot to end your own life, but sometimes it seems like it's the only option. Telling people who come to you either one of those things, may actually push them over the edge. Add just enough pain to make it worth doing. Are you really prepared to be the reason someone you love kills themselves? Really? Just to sound morally superior for a few minutes. You really think that's worth it?
If someone you know comes to you about being suicidal, get them help. They may be mad at you for a while, but you very well may save their life. They'll forgive you eventually.
Most importantly, I want you all to remember that suicide, and suicidal thoughts, are a symptom of a disease. It's not anyone's first choice, but their brain won't let them see a better way out. They can't help it. They are a victim themselves.
In closing, check on the people you know, and be compassionate. You could save a life.
What is your address and the phone number to your nearest relative?

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Wrote another thing.

Please let us know if you are trying to reach out to us. We are here for you, bro. Honestly.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
"PM2.5 concentration in Ridgecrest air is currently 12 times above the WHO annual air quality guideline value"
I finally got a ride in this morning without having to choke on camp fire thick smoke.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1631636382701
Sponsored