Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, ok....that used to be called CRT. Included low crawl, rope climb, ditch swing, 3 mile run in full field gear, firemans carry, and I forget what else. Fortunately, I never had to do it after I was 19. Terminal Lance here.
We still did all of that as well, just not in any timed form. Its good training.
Sponsored

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Holy mother of God! $800 in HOA fees a month :whatsgoingon: I get a little moist every month when I have to cough up $120 to those Seawards.
Crying.gif
Ours is like $10...per year.

*edit
And it's voluntary.

Which really surprises me now that I think about it. We're in a historic district. I would think there would be more.

Jeep Hair

First Name
Bree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Ah, no the CFT (Combat Fitness Test) was a new torture test HQMC folks came up with around 2005? (don't hold me to the time frame). The PFT (Physical Fitness Test or I guess previously called the PRT) was the run, sit ups and pull ups that has beed around I think since the founding.

The CFT was numerous tests that were more combat related - timed run in boots/utilities, low crawl, ammo can lift, dragging a marine a certain distance then fireman's carry the rest of the way, grenade toss, etc (probably left some out). You had to do the PFT and the CFT each year (if memory serves me at my command we did the PFT during the first six months and the CFT the second). Such fun, especially when you were 50 plus years old.
I bet that test would have been a lot easier (adrenaline strength) and exciting if they had live grenades dropping around you during the test :LOL:

o7 salute to all you service folks!! <3

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
I bet that test would have been a lot easier (adrenaline strength) and exciting if they had live grenades dropping around you during the test :LOL:

Oh, I'm sure there were a few "crazies" that thought adding live fire to it would be a good idea:).

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

74934fe2-80a8-45d6-80d1-a2cd683a1674 (1).gif

Sponsored

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
One time stuck in traffic I really felt like doing this to two Fart Cannon Hondas that kept farting at each other and holding up traffic even more... :headbang:

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Oh, I'm sure there were a few "crazies" that thought adding live fire to it would be a good idea:).
We had live fire exercises in ITR. Low crawl, wire obstacles, with MG fire overhead and explosives pits scattered around the course. Lot of the guys came out with all their buttons scraped off.

Me, I was more scared of the rattlesnakes I heard were out there.
Sponsored