Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Sean, right there with ya. Building a house I do stupid things like shovel/move dirt around like I'm still 25 years old. Sciatic nerve starts going crazy so MRI a week ago - you know it's not good when you get a call within an hour from the doc saying you need to see a neurosurgeon ASAP and I'm calling in a script for pain meds. I see the neurosurgeon next week and fully expect more back surgery. The USMC CFT - the gift that keeps on giving:).
The CFT was pretty rough on my back I bet, lol! Had one Marine who decided to help me out with the fireman carry portion, and she jumped up to the point she threw me off balance and I wound up falling. :headbang: Its not like I had a perfect time but that still added more time than I would have liked.

HDinkH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2.0
Nm, I got to it eventually. I still don't like it tho. $10G a year across each townhouse unit indeed sounds extortion-y to me :angry:
Avoiding HOA fees and restrictions is one of the reasons it took us so long to find our NC house. We were determined to never pay a penny to HOA again.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
The CFT was pretty rough on my back I bet, lol! Had one Marine who decided to help me out with the fireman carry portion, and she jumped up to the point she threw me off balance and I wound up falling. :headbang: Its not like I had a perfect time but that still added more time than I would have liked.
Is CFT what we used to call PRT...physical readiness test? On the firemans carry, the Marihe being carried had to weigh the same as the carrier.

Sponsored

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Female Marine - you must have been in my weight class. I weighed a buck fifty during my career and trying to find a male Marine weigh close to that was always a challenge. My Marines always found humor watching me fireman carry someone weighing 200 lbs more or less - I just pointed to the score and reminded them I was twice their age or more:). Anyone who beat my score got the rest of the day off - not many for the most part.

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Is CFT what we used to call PRT...physical readiness test? On the firemans carry, the Marihe being carried had to weigh the same as the carrier.
Ah, no the CFT (Combat Fitness Test) was a new torture test HQMC folks came up with around 2005? (don't hold me to the time frame). The PFT (Physical Fitness Test or I guess previously called the PRT) was the run, sit ups and pull ups that has beed around I think since the founding.

The CFT was numerous tests that were more combat related - timed run in boots/utilities, low crawl, ammo can lift, dragging a marine a certain distance then fireman's carry the rest of the way, grenade toss, etc (probably left some out). You had to do the PFT and the CFT each year (if memory serves me at my command we did the PFT during the first six months and the CFT the second). Such fun, especially when you were 50 plus years old.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, no the CFT (Combat Fitness Test) was a new torture test HQMC folks came up with around 2005? (don't hold me to the time frame). The PFT (Physical Fitness Test or I guess previously called the PRT) was the run, sit ups and pull ups that has beed around I think since the founding.

The CFT was numerous tests that were more combat related - timed run in boots/utilities, low crawl, ammo can lift, dragging a marine a certain distance then fireman's carry the rest of the way, grenade toss, etc (probably left some out). You had to do the PFT and the CFT each year (if memory serves me at my command we did the PFT during the first six months and the CFT the second). Such fun, especially when you were 50 plus years old.
Beat me to it.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher

Oh, ok....that used to be called CRT. Included low crawl, rope climb, ditch swing, 3 mile run in full field gear, firemans carry, and I forget what else. Fortunately, I never had to do it after I was 19. Terminal Lance here.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Female Marine - you must have been in my weight class. I weighed a buck fifty during my career and trying to find a male Marine weigh close to that was always a challenge. My Marines always found humor watching me fireman carry someone weighing 200 lbs more or less - I just pointed to the score and reminded them I was twice their age or more:). Anyone who beat my score got the rest of the day off - not many for the most part.
I was around 160 at that time. Much less than what I am now... :bandit:
Sponsored