Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Hey. Did y’all see this photo that was recently found, of Wyatt Earp taking a selfie!!
E80D10F4-5DBB-41C9-AC7A-A47DE733CAAF.jpeg
OMG...it has to be true...I saw it on the internet!!!!
Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Could that really be the culprit when the water isn’t running?
If it's ON, it still makes hot water. If you have gas to the house, I'd switch that sucker over.

Sponsored

HDinkH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2.0
Compare to an older bill t see what new taxes and surcharges are in place.
There are a bunch more coming I bet.

Most electric companies will do a free energy audit.
what really worries me is the power company is a co-op. Am I paying for other people’s cold houses?

I Don’t want the nightmare they had in Texas when the power went out for 95% and the ones with power were charged a freaking fortune.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'd LOVE it if my electric bill were $168.
So I shouldn't brag about my $32 light bills then? 33 solar panels kinda help that along, so I only pay taxes and fees most months.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
So I shouldn't brag about my $32 light bills then? 33 solar panels kinda help that along, so I only pay taxes and fees most months.
In California you'd be hit with about a 2k fee every year right before Christmas for the honor of being connected to the grid, of course it is illegal to disconnect from the grid...

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
In California you'd be hit with about a 2k fee every year right before Christmas for the honor of being connected to the grid, of course it is illegal to disconnect from the grid...
Gee, I don't recall the lady that came here to sell me on Solar mentioning that little tidbit.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Have the water heater checked to make sure it doesn't have a shorted element or some such nonsense. It may be your norm, but maybe that appliance is having issues.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
what really worries me is the power company is a co-op. Am I paying for other people’s cold houses?

I Don’t want the nightmare they had in Texas when the power went out for 95% and the ones with power were charged a freaking fortune.
You're not with Duke Energy?

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Ah no. Let's just say that last year when we moved into a house built in 1938 that had more square footage, I expected a higher electric bill. And was still shocked.

It has a separate HVAC unit for the upstairs and downstairs, and a third smaller one for the two rooms that were added on several years back. Two of those are heat pumps, with electric auxiliary. Two had Nest thermostats and I switched the third to a Nest in the middle of last winter (that did seem to help). Water heater is electric, stove and oven are electric. The only natural gas is the furnace for the downstairs.

On the plus side, our gas bill is really low ($0.00 in the summer).

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Gee, I don't recall the lady that came here to sell me on Solar mentioning that little tidbit.
May be a little different based on location and power company, but all the guys I work with out here that have solar are always bitching every December about their yearly "solar tax". You didn't think that utility companies that have yearly double digit rate hikes rubber stamped by the state every year were gonna let you actually save money now did ya? Everything in this state is a f'kng scam making someone rich, everything.
Sponsored