Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Ha, nothing glamorous or beer-drinkin' about my story, unfortunately. Was 7am Saturday morning so naturally my ass was still in bed. My 11-year-old boy came into our bedroom and said he had a nosebleed that wouldn't stop. I told him he has to put pressure on it for a length of time. He wandered off back into the bathroom so I got up to check on him. I worried that he'd be freaked out about blood. He's not outside getting limbs severed and bloody on a daily basis like kids back in my day.

Anywho, I went into the bathroom where he was and my God, it was like a Saw movie in there. The amount of blood in the sink, on the counter, on tissues he'd been using to hold under his nose ... I am the one that freaked out. Part of me was thinking, "how did he not pass out from seeing all this blood?" and the other part of me was scared to death that he had lost what **looked** like a lot of blood, so I started furiously scrubbing the sink to get rid of it because it was disturbing. Mid-scrub, I felt sick and the world tilted. I was unconscious when my head hit the bathtub but I HEARD the loud bang it made anyway. And so did my husband, who came rushing in.

My son, bless his heart, thought I was joking around, so he didn't panic. He just stood there pinching his nose lol.

I felt really sick when I woke up, nausea, headache, shaky, weak, cold, clammy. I went back to bed and slept until 1pm and still felt all those things when I woke. After an Excedrin Migraine and an Ibuprofen, the headache was untouched and I began to wonder if I should be worried. So we went to urgent care, and they sent us to the ER because they don't do head trauma. Because my symptoms weren't so bad (my headache wasn't even at migraine level, my eyes weren't dilated), they chose not to do a scan and said I had a classic concussion. Symptoms should last 1 - 2 weeks, they weren't sure based on my age how long it would truly last.

The real awful part is my Jeep had to sit all weekend - a beautiful sunny weekend - while I slept the weekend away. :LOL:
I had a similar reaction the first time I did "live tissue training" not fun. I really hope your concussion doesn't last too long, they really suck.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what branch of service they were in?
(and they moved the stingray emblem to the little back window, ugh). Poor Vette.
Yeah there are a lot of details I would have left out, but the base of the design is pretty cool I think. I'm thinking this was one of those "Gift a Veteran" deals from a local business or something like that.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I wonder what branch of service they were in?
(and they moved the stingray emblem to the little back window, ugh). Poor Vette.
I cringe at the bra that went out with the 80's. Those things did nothing but trap dirt and scratch paint.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Ha, nothing glamorous or beer-drinkin' about my story, unfortunately. Was 7am Saturday morning so naturally my ass was still in bed. My 11-year-old boy came into our bedroom and said he had a nosebleed that wouldn't stop. I told him he has to put pressure on it for a length of time. He wandered off back into the bathroom so I got up to check on him. I worried that he'd be freaked out about blood. He's not outside getting limbs severed and bloody on a daily basis like kids back in my day.

Anywho, I went into the bathroom where he was and my God, it was like a Saw movie in there. The amount of blood in the sink, on the counter, on tissues he'd been using to hold under his nose ... I am the one that freaked out. Part of me was thinking, "how did he not pass out from seeing all this blood?" and the other part of me was scared to death that he had lost what **looked** like a lot of blood, so I started furiously scrubbing the sink to get rid of it because it was disturbing. Mid-scrub, I felt sick and the world tilted. I was unconscious when my head hit the bathtub but I HEARD the loud bang it made anyway. And so did my husband, who came rushing in.

My son, bless his heart, thought I was joking around, so he didn't panic. He just stood there pinching his nose lol.

I felt really sick when I woke up, nausea, headache, shaky, weak, cold, clammy. I went back to bed and slept until 1pm and still felt all those things when I woke. After an Excedrin Migraine and an Ibuprofen, the headache was untouched and I began to wonder if I should be worried. So we went to urgent care, and they sent us to the ER because they don't do head trauma. Because my symptoms weren't so bad (my headache wasn't even at migraine level, my eyes weren't dilated), they chose not to do a scan and said I had a classic concussion. Symptoms should last 1 - 2 weeks, they weren't sure based on my age how long it would truly last.

The real awful part is my Jeep had to sit all weekend - a beautiful sunny weekend - while I slept the weekend away. :LOL:
well, it looks like you had one helluva uneventful adventure. hope you are feeling better. heal up quick for a sunny ride in the jl.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I cringe at the bra that went out with the 80's. Those things did nothing but trap dirt and scratch paint.
same here.

Jeep Hair

First Name
Bree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
29 Palms during spring and fall had about a month of absolutely perfect weather. 75-85 and low humidity. perfect! The rest of the year, not so much. ugh!
This is what I miss about living in San Diego ... 70s and sunny except for 2 weeks of rainy "winter."
:beer: :sun:

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I miss about living in San Diego ... 70s and sunny except for 2 weeks of rainy "winter."
:beer: :sun:
Oh San Diego was awesome year round! I miss it there.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
If I really wanted to extra protect the front, I'd use 3m film.

btw, bra is now PCorrected to mask. lol