Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
That'll work, I'm a wiring snob but I don't expect anyone else to be.
I like quality stuff, but I think the $75 switch falls firmly in the "overkill" category, unless you're building a yacht. :giggle:

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
That'll work, I'm a wiring snob but I don't expect anyone else to be.

Welcome to the worlds worst internet/cable provider, our only choice where I live.
You mean there's a good one out there someplace, or at least better than worst:).

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
welp... now the flip flop haters are showing up in that Easter Egg thread. :CWL:
Did Jeepsk8's Dad comment on the post? LOL

Mornin Jeeple!

Ahhhh, the memories of much deserved ass whippings as a child. I remember when I was about 7, Saturday morning, laying on the floor on my back, head propped up against the coffee table, left leg up, bent at the knee with the foot flat on the floor, right leg over said left knee, gently flapping my flip flop on the unencumbered right foot while watching Looney Tunes on one of the 3 channels we had. Dad, having just woke up, sitting directly behind me on the couch, a hot cup of Joe and an ashtray sitting in front of him on the coffee table I have my head propped up against. He had just lit a Marlboro red and was toking on it, trying to clear his brain from the morning fog. He was in no mood for the constant drumming of my flapping flip flop. He gruffly told me to quit flapping my goddamn flip flop! I, being the shithead kid I was, made one more huge flap of said flip flop in derision of the command. The flip flop dislodged from my flapping foot and summarily did three somersaults over my head. It no sooner left my big toe that I was on my feet looking in horror at the rain of red embers falling from that Marlboro in my Dad's yap. I said "uh-oh!" and took off running down the hall. Dad, a 6' 3" Marine, picked up that fucking flip flop and in a single bound, lept over the coffee table and pursued like a ravenous cheetah! I didn't make the turn to the stairway and he caught me in the corner. He wore that flip flop out on my ass! Great memory, lol!

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Ok @Steveo, here we go. I found a good ground point at the muffler mount bracket. I didn't chafe guard because its a short run and you can't short a ground anyway, it doesn't make contact with anything anyway. My muffler is deleted but this is the bracket at the very end of the muffler on passenger side.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210723_101703

The hot cable comes out if the tub straight forward to the cross member then to the passenger side piggybacking on the factory cable that runs there.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210723_101721

From there you piggyback the factory cable on the frame rail all the way past fuel tank, its a little tight getting hands in there to zip tie but the cable is completely protected here.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210723_102008

You will be able to see where factory harness runs up into engine bay, it is wrapped in heat tape. I also heat taped the cable and ran upwards.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210723_102017

This is where yours is going to be a little different than mine, I have a Genesys dual batt setup and need to go forward a bit. There a big open cavernous space behind your fender liner. Going through there you can push cable up into any number of openings next to your battery tray. I just let the cable hang in open space behind the liner, its tight enough that it can't move far enough to rub on anything.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210723_102107

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210723_102111

From there I go to my C.B., yours will differ once again. I may have to make some adjustments when I put my aftermarket fender liners in. I was able to inspect the entire run in the time it took to take a few pictures and I found no damage to the chafe guard. That gator skin is expensive but it's way thicker and tougher than most braiding, I highly recommend it. Its actually the closest thing ive found to the kevlar chafe wrap we use on military aircraft.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210723_102205

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210723_102234

Yes, I know my Jeep and engine bay are filthy.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
We have Big Daddy Bagles here but didn't know we had Bad Daddy's Burger Bar here!

13.3 miles...

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210723_102352
i'm glad that i found one for you. oh yea, with @Sean L help. :CWL: :like:

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Ok @Steveo, here we go. I found a good ground point at the muffler mount bracket. I didn't chafe guard because its a short run and you can't short a ground anyway, it doesn't make contact with anything anyway. My muffler is deleted but this is the bracket at the very end of the muffler on passenger side.

The hot cable comes out if the tub straight forward to the cross member then to the passenger side piggybacking on the factory cable that runs there.

From there you piggyback the factory cable on the frame rail all the way past fuel tank, its a little tight getting hands in there to zip tie but the cable is completely protected here.

You will be able to see where factory harness runs up into engine bay, it is wrapped in heat tape. I also heat taped the cable and ran upwards.

This is where yours is going to be a little different than mine, I have a Genesys dual batt setup and need to go forward a bit. There a big open cavernous space behind your fender liner. Going through there you can push cable up into any number of openings next to your battery tray. I just let the cable hang in open space behind the liner, its tight enough that it can't move far enough to rub on anything.

From there I go to my C.B., yours will differ once again. I may have to make some adjustments when I put my aftermarket fender liners in. I was able to inspect the entire run in the time it took to take a few pictures and I found no damage to the chafe guard. That gator skin is expensive but it's way thicker and tougher than most braiding, I highly recommend it. Its actually the closest thing ive found to the kevlar chafe wrap we use on military aircraft.

Yes, I know my Jeep and engine bay are filthy.
Thanks for the pics and info! I cheaped out and just got regular PET sleeve. I'm also still considering doing an internal routing to the rear.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Funny, my wife seems a little hesitant to go out in the garage since I hung this up, lol, smart girl.
20210723_102352.jpg
she might be waiting for you tp leave so she can swing on it. make sure you get a video of it.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
lawn is mowed. found a pair of dork glasses to read close up. i'll see how that works.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Thanks for the pics and info! I cheaped out and just got regular PET sleeve. I'm also still considering doing an internal routing to the rear.
I think the PET wrap will be just fine, just inspect it every now and then if you do go outside. All the factory harnesses under the Jeep are either not protected or protected with thin cloth tape and they look fine. I tend to overkill anything wiring because of my work history, being under the Jeep makes me want to start wrapping everything, lol
Sponsored