Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i am a letter carrier. so, what you have experience is what to expect in todays time. (in one way or another) with that, lets break down your concerns, issues, problems.

ok you US mail people in here, WTH is going on within the USPS? I put a HOLD on my mail while I was away. I received the confirmation email the day I submitted it. I received an email Monday that my Hold was ending and starting back up today. However, the entire time I was gone mail had been gathering in my mail box. My local UPSP supervisor tells me that there was a Hold placed and my regular carrier was on vacation but the subs must've not been holding it. And he says that he does have some 'held mail' that is to be delivered today by my regular carrier. Well I have a problem with his answer to me. I get an email showing me each day what is in my delivery for the day, and all the pieces that show in all those emails have all been delivered. Back when my parents worked for the USPS (dad a carrier, mom a clerk/supervisor), when someone had a hold they had something over the address box that the carrier sorted for their route, therefore, no mail would go out. I'm not sure how they do it now but it obviously failed in this instance. Granted, this is the first time I've had this happen in the last decade, but damn! ok, rant over.
WTH is going on within the USPS? not really going to to detail with this. today's work force is not what it used to be. new generations dont want to work. therefore dont want to put in the effort.

My local UPSP supervisor tells me that there was a Hold placed. at least they got that info. and passed it over to the carrier.

my regular carrier was on vacation but the subs must've not been holding it. bingo. thats were the problem is. no fault to the reg. carrier being on vac. but the sub should of been on top of it. also the supervisor should of made that aware. however (depending on the size of the office) the supervisor may have a lot on it plate on the daily duties they have to do.

he says that he does have some 'held mail' that is to be delivered today by my regular carrier. Well I have a problem with his answer to me. i hear you. again its a half ass deal that the sub was doing. see the first answer.

when someone had a hold they had something over the address box that the carrier sorted for their route, therefore, no mail would go out. I'm not sure how they do it now but it obviously failed in this instance. this practice is still being done. on our case (work station) there should be a red slide in place of your address. this indicate its a hold. however. the hand sorted mail that is sorted in the morning "should" of been place in a tray with your hold info. but the machined letters may have not been pulled out and therefore it went out to the street and got delivered. if the sub did not see or do the hold protocol. then that where he failed.

Granted, this is the first time I've had this happen in the last decade, but damn! ok, rant over. again todays work force have gone down the shit tube. and thats everywhere. the new gen, workers just dont give a shit. not all of the are crappy. theres still a few that want to work and put in the effort.

fyi, I told dad this weekend and his reply: somebody wasn't doing their job. Ya think, Dad?!?
:CWL::CWL::CWL:
that from one carrier to another carrier. i know its not funny to you. but your dad is "spot on" with that comment.

again, the answers is in general terms.

heres my view as a carrier that cares about the job and gives 110% in delivering to my customers. that loves it when i'm in everyday delivering the mail. yeah on a daily base, i have my way in doing thing and double checking stuff like holds, etc. so, everything is done the way it suppose to be done. now i had customers had the same issue like your. there hold fell in the sometime i'm on vacation. yeah, its a f**king headache. however, when i get back from vacation, i usually have a mess to clean up. also, find out that a hold wasnt held and hear it fro the customer. once i tell them i was on vacation. they understood and didnt blame me for the screw up. but it just shows how thing s are being done. so if you like your carrier, dont blame him. just understand that when he's off. it out of his hands on who is doing the route.

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
Their web page says " Every Trailgater comes with a cutting board. The JL Trailgater bamboo cutting board measures 25.8″x 12″. Mine measures 11.75" wide.
I presume bamboo is like wood in that its cross-grain dimension varies with humidity. 1/4" over 12" is about a 2% difference which isn't unreasonable.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i'm getting the one eye done on 7/14 . then 3 weeks 8/2 the other eye. my eyes varies from being little cloudy to full blown. and the light is sensitive depending on the daylight. so its time to get it taken care of and get back to 20/20 vision.

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
I presume bamboo is like wood in that its cross-grain dimension varies with humidity. 1/4" over 12" is about a 2% difference which isn't unreasonable.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) GoodPoint

I'll see what the proprietor has to say on it.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
85EBDD6B-27C8-40EA-AFCB-ED3772183FB9.jpeg

Time to prep the trailer for one last trip. Then it’ll get cleaned up and listed for someone else to enjoy. Actually both my trailers in pic will be sold.
I was supposed to go up this weekend as well but my daughter decided not to hike Whitney, but spend the weekend with her hotshot (for reals) boyfriend.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) BabyCry

Why ya selling the pop-up :whatsgoingon:

PS Welcome to the "Hotel Crew" :like:

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
i'm getting the one eye done on 7/14 . then 3 weeks 8/2 the other eye. my eyes varies from being little cloudy to full blown. and the light is sensitive depending on the daylight. so its time to get it taken care of and get back to 20/20 vision.
Do yourself a favor and DON"T be a dumbass like me and beat on a large piece of metal with the BFH! Ended up with a detached retina over it, not fun! Follow the Dr's instructions!
Gregj

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking these bamboo boards are the only part of this that are made in Asia, and perhaps they have to deal with shitty tolerances due to that.
It is the conversion rounding errors from metric to English measuring...

Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) FB_IMG_1625704103939

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It is an air bug...
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) FB_IMG_1625704472916

MtBaldyDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUS, 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Stand up Philosopher
I was supposed to go up this weekend as well but my daughter decided not to hike Whitney, but spend the weekend with her hotshot (for reals) boyfriend.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) FB_IMG_1625704472916

Why ya selling the pop-up :whatsgoingon:

PS Welcome to the "Hotel Crew" :like:
Going next weekend to the land of bacon and trout next weekend.

Got a couple buddies with UFS and Cal Fire. Those men and women have tough job. You should still go. You know like a surprise visit. Daughters love em. :CWL:

As for the pop up. Daughters getting older and shit prefer hotels when they travel with us. We use it less and less. Wife wants a hard wall trailer with a toilet and shower. I want about 20 ish acres in MT. Lol Who’s your money on:whatsgoingon:

Needless to say were probably looking at trailers sooner than later…

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
Going next weekend to the land of bacon and trout next weekend.

Got a couple buddies with UFS and Cal Fire. Those men and women have tough job. You should still go. You know like a surprise visit. Daughters love em. :CWL:

As for the pop up. Daughters getting older and shit prefer hotels when they travel with us. We use it less and less. Wife wants a hard wall trailer with a toilet and shower. I want about 20 ish acres in MT. Lol Who’s your money on:whatsgoingon:

Needless to say were probably looking at trailers sooner than later…
Yes, major respect to the people that fight those fires. It must be brutally hard work.

Turns out it's going to be over my temperature tolerances up thataway this weekend, even at elevation. :whew:
So I'm not super disappointed. I'm a "nothotshot" :CWL:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) BoratNot

Last edited:

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Do me a favor and measure the dimensions of your board. W x L.

As I said, their web site says it should be 25.8" x 12". Mine measures 25.75" (acceptable) x 11.75" (unacceptable)
25 3/4 X 11 7/8
Sponsored