Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
OMG I am too stunned not share this with you guys. The new house in small town NC is approx 1500sq feet: two bedrooms 2 1/2 baths, family room, kitchen. That's it. I had a cleaning lady (referral) come out this morning to give me a quote: $560 to clean the house :whatsgoingon: :surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised:

In MD/Metro DC, I paid the cleaning lady (what she asked for) $70 to clean a basement and two more bedrooms than in NC!!!

WTF?????
But did she have papers?
Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
OMG I am too stunned not share this with you guys. The new house in small town NC is approx 1500sq feet: two bedrooms 2 1/2 baths, family room, kitchen. That's it. I had a cleaning lady (referral) come out this morning to give me a quote: $560 to clean the house :whatsgoingon: :surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised:

In MD/Metro DC, I paid the cleaning lady (what she asked for) $70 to clean a basement and two more bedrooms than in NC!!!

WTF?????
You should have calmly said: "I was just looking for cleaning, not a total renovation".

Sponsored

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
Morning folks. Nice long weekend, short week this week, as we're taking off Thursday for a little camping and visiting some of my wife's family up in Michigan for another long weekend. Get to try out some of what I've been spending money on for camping with the Jeep. Should be interesting.

On a related note, official family vacation coming up at the end of the month. Do you North Carolina folks have any recommendations on fun and/or interesting stuff? We'll be in the Mill Spring area for part of it, and the Outer Banks for part. That reminds me, we need to book a hotel or something for the Outer Banks part, still. I should probably get on that.
If you have the Jeep, head north from Kitty Hawk on Rt 12 up to Corolla. From there it's about a 20 mile drive on the beach up to the Virginia line, where the beach driving dead-ends due to a wildlife area/ state park.

Jeep Hair

First Name
Bree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Morning folks. Nice long weekend, short week this week, as we're taking off Thursday for a little camping and visiting some of my wife's family up in Michigan for another long weekend. Get to try out some of what I've been spending money on for camping with the Jeep. Should be interesting.

On a related note, official family vacation coming up at the end of the month. Do you North Carolina folks have any recommendations on fun and/or interesting stuff? We'll be in the Mill Spring area for part of it, and the Outer Banks for part. That reminds me, we need to book a hotel or something for the Outer Banks part, still. I should probably get on that.
Hmm well you can take a ferry ride over to Ocracoke Island. There are some interesting gift shops there with handmade / handcarved things. I haven't been in 20+ years so not sure what's different (if anything). I pretty much spent my time there in Howard's Pub with a group of my friends. We were in a fake organization called "IMAHO" lol. International Management of Atmospheric and Hurricane Observations (we all lived in Virginia Beach so we really were keeping an eye out for hurricanes). I still wear the t-shirt when I do shit in the garage and know I'm getting dirty. And yeah that logo on the shirt goes right over the nipple. :LOL:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210706_220724

Funny story, was working on the Jeep a couple weeks ago and wore the shirt to Auto Zone to pick something up. I swear the guy behind the counter was very purposely keeping eye contact with me lol.

Sponsored