Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not much of an EV guy, living rural makes that an easy decision, but that one looks very badass!
If it was in my price range I'd probably have a small gas car for trips out of EV range. My cousin has to plan trips in her Tesla very specifically to account for charge times. It has an app for that though, since its bacially an IPad on wheels. Still 20-30 minutes of charge (when someone isn't in the way) is far from practical.
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I think they make some good points. In the full electric world range is king, having a bunch of unnecessary drivetrain components is waste of range. I think Jeep needs to get out of their lazy habit of "just shove another motor in it". It'll be interesting to see what the final product ends up as.
I do think we will see better and better as battery tech improves. I'm willing to bet that an EV will greatly improve off roading at one point.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Still 20-30 minutes of charge (when someone isn't in the way) is far from practical.
Agreed, I only want to stop long enough for my wife to get back to the Jeep and start complaining about the nasty bathrooms, which already takes more time than fueling. I'm not anti EV, I just think there's a long way to go in the tech to make it useable for many.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, I only want to stop long enough for my wife to get back to the Jeep and start complaining about the nasty bathrooms, which already takes more time than fueling. I'm not anti EV, I just think there's a long way to go in the tech to make it useable for many.
I hope the bathroom here met her standards. :CWL:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I hope to avoid some of those bathrooms... especially the ones where you have to get the key and then walk around back... :puke:

An Idea that should be more popular from what I've seen around here is restaurants along the highway with EV charging stations. Last time I went to Smithfield's I saw they had a pair of spots where a station was getting installed... at the time it was just conduit sticking out of the ground that said Tesla Charging.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Well, if I remember correctly there was no poop smeared on the walls, lol. Besides you have nice tile, makes me wanna dance...

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 4d1e6863e4ca47792fd377a1472cb80d_w200
Ya, good thing I cleaned all that up a couple hours before you folks arrived. lol

TheBigBadWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Firecracker (3 Pedal Version)
Hope you fools had a good weekend. I got to watch a hand surgeon nearly blow his hand off lighting a firework the irony was just too much and he got away unscathed. Turns out, fireworks that blow-up on the ground are WAY more "interesting"

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
Called Rugged Ridge today to ask some questions about their fenders/liners and got the ole "We can't answer the phone right now, leave a message a we'll call you back". We'll see if they actually call. I'm already not impressed with their web site and the "install" tab that reads " The Rugged Ridge steel tube fenders can be installed at home in a few hours. For additional information, please give us a call. "

Sponsored

HDinkH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2.0
OMG I am too stunned not share this with you guys. The new house in small town NC is approx 1500sq feet: two bedrooms 2 1/2 baths, family room, kitchen. That's it. I had a cleaning lady (referral) come out this morning to give me a quote: $560 to clean the house :whatsgoingon: :surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised:

In MD/Metro DC, I paid the cleaning lady (what she asked for) $70 to clean a basement and two more bedrooms than in NC!!!

WTF?????

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
OMG I am too stunned not share this with you guys. The new house in small town NC is approx 1500sq feet: two bedrooms 2 1/2 baths, family room, kitchen. That's it. I had a cleaning lady (referral) come out this morning to give me a quote: $560 to clean the house :whatsgoingon: :surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised:

In MD/Metro DC, I paid the cleaning lady (what she asked for) $70 to clean a basement and two more bedrooms than in NC!!!

WTF?????
I'd tell them for that price they better lick the floors and toilet bowls clean.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase