Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
So Yesterday was the first time I've watched The X Files in years when we discovered that its on Hulu. I wanted to watch an episode that I had never seen all the way through before, but took place here in Winston-Salem.

Man, after years of hindsight I think the only thing they got right (I'm not counting the story itself as wrong) is that the Sherriff's Department quite famously had Chevy Camaros at that time.

So the near constant shots of the NC license plates on the front of every car ever in the episode to remind the viewer just where the story takes place, ignored the fact that NC does not have front license plates. All of the "locals" in the episode sounded like they were from Baltimore. Also to have an entomologist come up from UNC Wilmington would take much much longer than implied by the episode.

Since the episode involved "Big Tobacco" It could have just as easily taken place in Richmond but we took the coin toss and our name was scribbled into the script, lol.

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
So Yesterday was the first time I've watched The X Files in years when we discovered that its on Hulu. I wanted to watch an episode that I had never seen all the way through before, but took place here in Winston-Salem.

Man, after years of hindsight I think the only thing they got right (I'm not counting the story itself as wrong) is that the Sherriff's Department quite famously had Chevy Camaros at that time.

So the near constant shots of the NC license plates on the front of every car ever in the episode to remind the viewer just where the story takes place, ignored the fact that NC does not have front license plates. All of the "locals" in the episode sounded like they were from Baltimore. Also to have an entomologist come up from UNC Wilmington would take much much longer than implied by the episode.

Since the episode involved "Big Tobacco" It could have just as easily taken place in Richmond but we took the coin toss and our name was scribbled into the script, lol.
Kinda how I feel about anything that takes place in Kentucky. Ever. Lol
Even, Elizabethtown. (which I do actually enjoy watching)

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Trans oil is changed. Noticeable, but minor, improvement. Friction modifier is supposed to be here Friday. Will see how, if at all, that changes the shifting characteristics.
As far as the ecm is concerned, a new one is roughly $500, but sending in the existing one starts at $130. They might not be able to do anything though, and that just means at least a week of wasted time.
I'll decide later.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 3.JPG

Here we go again...staring back at me first thing this morning.

Looks like they followed me to NC.:surprised::headbang:
You just happened to move to the ONE county in the state where the 17 years are out this year. :giggle:

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Ok, I'm sorry, but...I just cant help it.

Thread in GP..."my touchscreen media center navigator communicator keeps resetting when I plug in my smartphone and Ipod. Shouldnt jeep give me a free upgrade?"

My first jeep had a 4 cyl. flathead, 3 spd stick, manual choke, wipers run off throttle vacuum, a heater that you turned off by closing a flap, manual hubs, 6 volt electrics, and no radio.

Ok, curmudgeon rant over. Carry on.

Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1625585827713

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Thread in GP..."my touchscreen media center navigator communicator keeps resetting when I plug in my smartphone and Ipod. Shouldnt jeep give me a free upgrade?"

My first jeep had a 4 cyl. flathead, 3 spd stick, manual choke, wipers run off throttle vacuum, a heater that you turned off by closing a flap, manual hubs, 6 volt electrics, and no radio.

It at least had an electric starter... With the way some of the GF people complain I would think they would be better off cranking an inertia starter to get their Jeep going.

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA

My cj5 had ornamental wipers, a place for a heater, but it did have a am/fm radio that picked up 3 stations. Lol