Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I as much as I apricate your honesty, I can't tell if its making my decision easier or harder :crying:, have a few weeks still to cancel my order but only a few hours left to catch the 15%.

Sorry, but this will be even worse: because you have to decide what you need.

I needed a step for my wife, that also offers some slider protection.

The MetalCloak sliders do not attach to the body mounts but the pinch bolts. I actually had to drill a couple more.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) IMG_9984.JPEG

This distributes the load but does not isolate the sliders from the body. I do not worry about pivoting on a large rock or even small hits. I'm confident anything but a large smashing blow will cause damage to the body.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 556EE86E-C0C9-4349-A172-858885D9AAA9
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 76D1116C-5316-4607-BCB2-400A2DEFBEF6
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 8BC08904-0108-4547-A769-001A579F99F2

I'd looked at getting sliders welded on. High and tight as you are thinking, but that did not function as a step. The Rock Slide Engineering steps were what the wife really wanted as they make a better step. ($$$)

For me, the step slider I got fit the bill quite nicely in comparison. Cheaper and I had the ability to go from a step to a tight slider if I wanted to. Yes, it's body mounted. No I'm not worried I'll dent the tub.

Given your recent adventure, I can see why you would lean more toward the welded on to the frame option. :whew: :like:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Sorry, but this will be even worse: because you have to decide what you need.

I needed a step for my wife, that also offers some slider protection.

The MetalCloak sliders do not attach to the body mounts but the pinch bolts. I actually had to drill a couple more.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) F4FE1F1D-0507-483E-8357-FBA5A0D4F76B

This distributes the load but does not isolate the sliders from the body. I do not worry about pivoting on a large rock or even small hits. I'm confident anything but a large smashing blow will cause damage to the body.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) F4FE1F1D-0507-483E-8357-FBA5A0D4F76B

I'd looked at getting sliders welded on. High and tight as you are thinking, but that did not function as a step. The Rock Slide Engineering steps were what the wife really wanted as they make a better step. ($$$)

For me, the step slider I got fit the bill quite nicely in comparison. Cheaper and I had the ability to go from a step to a tight slider if I wanted to. Yes, it's body mounted. No I'm not worried I'll dent the tub.

Given your recent adventure, I can see why you would lean more toward the welded on to the frame option. :whew: :like:
Thanks for the pictures and the extra wrench. Made my decision and your pictures helped a ton!

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
Happy Monday (On a Tuesday!) 29 pages since Friday. Ugh! Not sure I'll make it through.

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Mornin folks.
Made it to work, and barely made it to E-Town after. Lost lights, and such until after I parked. It's makin enough juice now. Pretty sure the charging issue, and the random dash lights, is all from the ecm going bad. Another $500 before I can get rid of Chuggaboom. Joy, oh joy.

Last edited: