Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Don't launch your Jeep up the back door like Kevin and you should be just fine with the MetalCloak sliders. IMHO

Also: I went with the flip step for the multiple uses, including two useful steps (high or lower). Remove the step and you have a fairly beefy slider. Yes body mounted, but I'll just have to do my best not to come smashing down on them hard.
They have 15% off for prior/active service members until midnight and that's getting me thinking, they'd be an additional 300 from my current Rusty's order, I got them dirt cheap. Just trying to avoid long term buyers remorse.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
They have 15% off for prior/active service members until midnight and that's getting me thinking, they'd be an additional 300 from my current Rusty's order, I got them dirt cheap. Just trying to avoid long term buyers remorse.
I find that hard to avoid. :blush:

So many options. :CWL:

I've had frame mounted step sliders from Roam and the plastic steps from a sport. I had actually thought to swap from the Rubi rails to the plastic steps for a bit. Both weigh nothing compared to the Roam steps at 100+ pounds.

The MetalCloak step sliders are much lighter than the Roam with a better finish and options. I can remove the step and get a beefier Rubi slider. Though I've kept the step on and hit a couple of rocks with little more than scrapes. Love them.

YMMV

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
Another thought...the emergence of the Bronco is just going to make getting 3rd party mfg'er Jeep parts harder, cuz you know the Mfg'er seawards are all gearing up for Bronco parts.

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
The front is about 40 acres, with 1 pond (and 1 dried up pond). The rest, as you can tell is mostly wooded with a couple of clearings. It is 2 miles from a state park...miles and miles of forest roads and gravel roads. Going to be fun exploring where all I can go in my Jeep!!!
I only own 10 acres, but it's surrounded by crop ground, pasture, and timber...half a mile to a neighbor in any direction. Nearly all of my 10 is in either timber/creek or prairie restoration. Couple little wetlands, some old growth hardwood.

Downside is no pizza delivery.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I find that hard to avoid. :blush:

So many options. :CWL:

I've had frame mounted step sliders from Roam and the plastic steps from a sport. I had actually thought to swap from the Rubi rails to the plastic steps for a bit. Both weigh nothing compared to the Roam steps at 100+ pounds.

The MetalCloak step sliders are much lighter than the Roam with a better finish and options. I can remove the step and get a beefier Rubi slider. Though I've kept the step on and hit a couple of rocks with little more than scrapes. Love them.

YMMV
I as much as I apricate your honesty, I can't tell if its making my decision easier or harder :crying:, have a few weeks still to cancel my order but only a few hours left to catch the 15%.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
I only own 10 acres, but it's surrounded by crop ground, pasture, and timber...half a mile to a neighbor in any direction. Nearly all of my 10 is in either timber/creek or prairie restoration. Couple little wetlands, some old growth hardwood.

Downside is no pizza delivery.
Pizza isn't on the diet plan...hahaa. we really do not eat out that muc? With Monica working nights...I am on my own most nights... well... on my own with all the critters... you understand...

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Oh OH! There's a hockey game on tonight, too! We'll see if Montreal can hold on for a game or two more.
i cant wait. but i'm thinking either a. tampa is going to open a can of whoop @$$ and take the title. or b. montreal is going to hit tampa like a ton of bricks.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
It's kind of a slap in the face when you look at Metalcloak's over-priced (IMHJO) products and then they hit you with the $125+ powder coating add on, too.
i agree.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
i cant wait. but i'm thinking either a. tampa is going to open a can of whoop @$$ and take the title. or b. montreal is going to hit tampa like a ton of bricks.
I hope the latter so we can have more hockey!

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Hey everyone trying to make slider decisions as I've had these on order for about a month now but are still on backorder and I think I'm getting cold feet. The top ones are Rusty's frame mount (technically attached to the body mount) these ones are the ones I have on order.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) FB_IMG_1625523946962

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) FB_IMG_1625523946962

These are from Poison Spyder, frame mount and look the most solid and the probably have the best coating on all three, as they coated before powder coating. Though there have been recent reports of sloppy fitment which I've been thinking of just scratching these off the list but they are the only ones to have a removable step.

Lastly the Metalcloak, these where the ones I was originally going to get but was worried about them and long term use as they are body mounted. They would be the tightest to the body and wouldn't interfere with long arms way down the road.

Running out of time to cancel my first order so suggestions are greatly apricated as I haven't been able to make up my mine completly.
i agree with @Steveo. plus there has been issues in snapping the body mount bolts off, which will leave you in a big f**king mess. so keep that in mind.
Sponsored