Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Now to add fuel to the old age file - Mike is probably old enough he received c-rats that still had a cigarettes in each one. We had some in 1976 (Korean War and early Vietnam War vintage rats) that still had them - the DI/Platoon Sergeants quickly confiscated them:).
HEHE! When I was in boot camp and they were showing us how to use Cs, some of them dated from WWII. Yup, cigarettes...unfiltered, in green wrappers. We were allowed to pocket them for when the smoking lamp was lit later. A lot of what we saw in in country in '68 were Korean vintage.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
HEHE! When I was in boot camp and they were showing us how to use Cs, some of them dated from WWII. Yup, cigarettes...unfiltered, in green wrappers. We were allowed to pocket them for when the smoking lamp was lit later. A lot of what we saw in in country in '68 were Korean vintage.
Remember, when I was in, Korea was only 15 years ago and WWII was 23. A lot of E-8s and 9s had been at the Canal or Tarawa, and lots of the E-6s and 7s had been at Chosen and/or Inchon. I briefly worked at one point for a SgtMaj who was a Company topkick on Guadalcanal. Had 21 years in grade as an E-9. Man had wrung more salt out of his skivvies than I ever flew over.

Sponsored

TheBigBadWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Firecracker (3 Pedal Version)
Why don't you get a yakima rack n Roll, or pulmor trailer. Really light for road trips. Great way to expand cargo space.
Bearbones has a great system too, but won't be available for order again till some time later this year.
I think when the kids get a bit bigger this would make more sense. Right now I've got some pretty young kids so the three-row pilot gets the win for travel, separation to the third row is paramount.

Oh. I may have forgotten to mention this here (or maybe I did, who knows) Wife said when kids are older and not dependent as much on her to cart their butts around she wants to get a 2 door wrangler for herself. She mandated lift and tires as soon as she knows it's not a lemon. Said I can cut down on doors myself too. Good woman she is.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
I've nothing to prove.

I enjoy the Jeep the way I want to enjoy my Jeep. ;)
Amen Brother!!! Mine may be a pavement princess but I can still take it anywhere I want to go!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, so a few Items were mentioned while I was at lunch. "Omelet" MRE was the WORST! It didn't even come with a decent side like some of the other less desirable menus.

The best side to get for me was the crackers and peanut butter. That was money out in the field, and you'll find guys trying to barter for the peanut butter with a number of different food items.

Sponsored