Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I got my power brick today. Fridge will be here tomorrow. Thankfully it's not passing through Kentucky so it shouldn't be delayed or have any unnecessary bio-hazardous substances on it when it arrives. :giggle:

20210622_150421.jpg
Looks exactly like my Bluetti, same color and everything.
Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
Looks exactly like my Bluetti, same color and everything.
Yeah, it's the AC50 (vs. the AC50s) model tho. I'm pressing the seller to let me return it. The 's' model has a regulated 12v receptacle (the big one, not the little 3A ports) so it'll output 12v all the way until drained. Whereas the non-'s' model can drop as low as 9.6v. I'm not sure this will be a problem for the JP50 as the low setting of the voltage cut-off switch drops out at 9.6v so it might be just fine. I'm going to test it tomorrow. I'm hoping it's good as I only paid $295 for it.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yeah, it's the AC50 (vs. the AC50s) model tho. I'm pressing the seller to let me return it. The 's' model has a regulated 12v receptacle (the big one, not the little 3A ports) so it'll output 12v all the way until drained. Whereas the non-'s' model can drop as low as 9.6v. I'm not sure this will be a problem for the JP50 as the low setting of the voltage cut-off switch drops out at 9.6v so it might be just fine. I'm going to test it tomorrow. I'm hoping it's good as I only paid $295 for it.
Yeah, they say the compressor fridges need to be on a regulated 12V source. Doesn't make sense because the vehicle power isn't regulated. Hobotech on YouTube says these compressors are not affected by unregulated power however, and he tests a BUNCH of this stuff.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
Yeah, they say the compressor fridges need to be on a regulated 12V source. Doesn't make sense because the vehicle power isn't regulated. Hobotech on YouTube says these compressors are not affected by unregulated power however, and he tests a BUNCH of this stuff.
Makes sense. I'll probably just end up keeping the Wattfun if it tests out okay with the JP50.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to pass along to the troops that this here guy is going to have to drop out of the Moab trip. I just have too many unknowns to deal with right now. I won't go into any gory details, but I just gotta settle down for a bit and see what living out here really costs me.

Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I forgot to eat, or bring food today.
Looks like a cafe/food truck run is in order.
I never "forget" to eat, and this fat man ain't missing a meal, I promise you that!