Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
@Jeepsk8

Another question, have you got a general idea how long the AC50s will power the fridge on a single charge? At, say, 36° internal temperature, and 100°F outside temperature.
Sponsored

HDinkH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2.0
Now I'm truly curious. Were the folks sitting around the table brainstorming names and someone suggested "Holy Crap!" as an exclamation as in "Holy Crap! This is good cereal!"?

Or does this cereal contain blessed excrement?
In case you want to read more...lol (I like the original packaging better!)

https://holycrap.com/

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
In case you want to read more...lol (I like the original packaging better!)

https://holycrap.com/
Ah...option #3, it changes how you crap after eating it. Not sure I've ever heard of vesicular pooh before. Vesicular lava, yes...not pooh.

Sponsored

Gummiente62

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gummiente62.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport, 97 C5 Corvette, 03 HD FXD
Occupation
Retired
Re all the divorce talk... I can relate, been there done that 4 times because I'm a slow learner. But somewhere along the way I at least figured out why a divorce costs so much...

Because it's f*cking worth it.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Re all the divorce talk... I can relate, been there done that 4 times because I'm a slow learner. But somewhere along the way I at least figured out why a divorce costs so much...

Because it's f*cking worth it.
Once was enough for...

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) two-thumbs-guy

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Excited2.gif

I ordered one earlier. The "Wattfun" variety since it was the cheapest. (looks like the same unit as the Maxoak/Bluetti)

About to pull the trigger on the fridge/slide. How much does the JP50 block your vision out the rear windows. I'm considering the JP40 cuz it's not as tall, but then I'll be upset the first time I can't get all my food/drinks in it.
It really isn't nearly as obtrusive as the 37" spare is. I'm 6'2" and with my mirrors set I can just see the top of it. I've never thought "damn, that thing is in my view", so take that for what it's worth.

@Jeepsk8
Another question, have you got a general idea how long the AC50s will power the fridge on a single charge? At, say, 36° internal temperature, and 100°F outside temperature.
I'm gonna say that it will last 2 full days. That's assuming you either pre-chilled it (recommend) or had the system running on the tether before going straight up disconnected from a power source.

One thing of interest, and I don't think this is a Bluetti issue, is that if you have the solar generator plugged in to the Jeep without it running, either through the 12V power outlet or through my AAL power outlet (which is wired direct to the battery via a fuse block) the solar charger will not charge. It acts like it wants to, pulls some wattage, then drops right off...over and over again. Probably those super awesome MOPAR batteries.

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
It really isn't nearly as obtrusive as the 37" spare is. I'm 6'2" and with my mirrors set I can just see the top of it. I've never thought "damn, that thing is in my view", so take that for what it's worth.

I'm gonna say that it will last 2 full days. That's assuming you either pre-chilled it (recommend) or had the system running on the tether before going straight up disconnected from a power source.

One thing of interest, and I don't think this is a Bluetti issue, is that if you have the solar generator plugged in to the Jeep without it running, either through the 12V power outlet or through my AAL power outlet (which is wired direct to the battery via a fuse block) the solar charger will not charge. It acts like it wants to, pulls some wattage, then drops right off...over and over again. Probably those super awesome MOPAR batteries.
Interesting, is the stock rear JLU 12v outlet powered when the ignition is off? I thought it wasn't.

I really only want it to charge from the JLU when the vehicle is running. But I don't want to have to move power connectors around either. So the plan is, JP50 <- |12v outlet|AC50s|charging input| <-JLU rear 12V outlet

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Just sitting here in my office watching the heavy rainfall, listening to the thunder, checking out the radar, and it brings up a stupid question.

How does a soft top hold up to hail?

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Interesting, is the stock rear JLU 12v outlet powered when the ignition is off? I thought it wasn't.

I really only want it to charge from the JLU when the vehicle is running. But I don't want to have to move power connectors around either. So the plan is, JP50 <- |12v outlet|AC50s|charging input| <-JLU rear 12V outlet
That outlet can be set to always hot or hot on ignition by moving a fuse, but you don't want to run a fridge off that thing, I have seen the puny wires that are connected to it.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
That outlet can be set to always hot or hot on ignition by moving a fuse, but you don't want to run a fridge off that thing, I have seen the puny wires that are connected to it.
Right, I only want it to be powered to charge the power bank while the vehicle is running.

Also, I'm ASSuMEing that FCA used adequate wire size on the outlet to power anything that uses a standard 12v plug.