Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I read in car and driver that fca will stop with the hell cat motor in 2022 or 2023. I wouldn’t be surprised if they eventually cancel out the 5.7 in all down the line.
The GME-T6 is slated to get the hp of the Hemi it will replace.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Eww2.gif

I'm going to say if there's not some variety of meat on it, it's not a real taco. :giggle: (GFY Vegans)

I got in the double-double line early (10:30AM)
Facos

Sponsored

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That number goes down as you get older, I'm at a "Anything above 110 is just brutal" stage myself.
I'm with ya. Over 110° is brutal. Over 100° is "put the top back on"

Of course, I'm a wimp, so anything below 50° is "put the top back on" as well. 'Cause 50 is just too damn cold!

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
My body has that "freshly run over" feel. Spent 12+ hours yesterday and again this morning. Funny how every damn thing I try to install is never anything at all like the videos I watched ad nauseum beforehand. Nothing goes right. The simplest little thing turns into such an ordeal. Bumper is now all done except I still need to put on the skid plate and the hooks in the front. Guess what? Gonna pay somebody to do the damn winch lol. The bumper did me in.

I may or may not have gotten a little drunk last night working on it. 😁
(you're not alone in this experience - my wife allows me to do less and less because of it :headbang: )

More time for JHWR I guess!

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'm down to 85° :CWL:

:fist bump:

I'm calling anything over 85° F brutal and I'm non-functional down near the equator. F that nastiness. I thought I would die of heat exhaustion.

I feel best between 40° - 55° while active or sleeping. In home temps of 60° to 68° are comfortable relaxing temps.

The 72° "office" temps have me feeling too warm...

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
:fist bump:

I'm calling anything over 85° F brutal and I'm non-functional down near the equator. F that nastiness. I thought I would die of heat exhaustion.

I feel best between 40° - 55° while active or sleeping. In home temps of 60° to 68° are comfortable relaxing temps.

The 72° "office" temps have me feeling too warm...
:fist bump::handsinair:

That all sounds great to me!

I like it cool while sleeping, too.

I'm thinking I might have to give up pickleball for the "dog days" that are coming in Aug/Sep/Oct.

I have a second daughter moving to Costa Rica in July (for who knows how long). So I'll be visiting sometime in the next year. Fuck, it's hot and humid there!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
:fist bump::handsinair:

That all sounds great to me!

I like it cool while sleeping, too.

I'm thinking I might have to give up pickleball for the "dog days" that are coming in Aug/Sep/Oct.

I have a second daughter moving to Costa Rica in July (for who knows how long). So I'll be visiting sometime in the next year. Fuck, it's hot and humid there!
One of my girls (Ash's high school crew) had the bright idea to get married in Costa Rica.

First 4 days were brutal... You can't even cool off in the water. That's just below boiling. 🥵

AC? Doesn't help! Had it blasting in the room and I didn't want to leave. I will say the howler monkey's can GFY. They had me thinking a Yeti came south. Saw the little bisach the next morning and had to laugh. And on the 5th day, my body finally acclimated a bit. I was able to breath and walk outside.

Great place to visit.

*Local shops have AC for us gringos... and they are in parkas! :CWL:

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
One of my girls (Ash's high school crew) had the bright idea to get married in Costa Rica.

First 4 days were brutal... You can't even cool off in the water. That's just below boiling. 🥵

AC? Doesn't help! Had it blasting in the room and I didn't want to leave. I will say the howler monkey's can GFY. They had me thinking a Yeti came south. Saw the little bisach the next morning and had to laugh. And on the 5th day, my body finally acclimated a bit. I was able to breath and walk outside.

Great place to visit.

*Local shops have AC for us gringos... and they are in parkas! :CWL:
Yeah, it's a strange place climate wise. A trip or two ago we went inland where is was actually (relatively) comfortable in the jungley/volcanic areas. The Pacific coast (Playa Grande) where my daughter's family lives is sweltering.