Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
While we're at it, my Mother in Law is a Colon Cancer survivor. When I first met her she was in the middle of Chemotherapy, and was flat out exhausted all of the time. She's doing great working in a nursing home now. We're still concerned about the cancer returning.
Sponsored

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
Amen to that!!!
My mother was a breast cancer survivor (just shy of 10 years) and the week after Easter she went to the hospital for some intestinal issues that had come on. They initially told her Pancreatic cancer, then backed off that and said well maybe not. Then she was told ampullary cancer. They were starting to look at performing a Whipple procedure for that. They said there was something on the CT scans that they weren't quite sure of. They performed a laparoscopy to see what was going on. The oncologist then said she had stomach cancer that had been there for a while, so the Whipple procedure was off the table. They then started chemo for the stomach on Tuesday June 1st. Friday the 4th she was so sick that her doctor told my sister to take her to the ER. They began ran some tests and then she slid downhill extremely fast. I got to the hospital just in time. I got to tell her I was there (she was unresponsive and on her final breaths). I told her it was ok to let go. She took one more breath and that was it. I really wished they would have performed an autopsy so we could know exactly what she had going on and so we know for family history. You can bet your sweet ass that I will not delay any more of my screening.

** a sucky side note: she passed in the same room that my younger brother passed away in 9 months ago :(
Oh man, wrenching ... So sorry :(

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Ok jeeples, I need help because the instructions on this are clear as mud. Attaching the hoop to the EAG front bumper, here are the directions:
Locate supplied M8 Allen head bolts. Slide a supplied nylon and flat, split washer onto each of the bolts. Push the bolts through the holes in the hoop mounting plate and through the holes in the bumper.

The part in bold is where I'm scratching my head. As written, the nylon goes onto the bolt first, THEN the flat washer, THEN the split washer. THEN push the bolt through the holes. Seems to me the nylon should be touching the bumper to prevent scratching and would therefore go on last in that lineup. I would also think the flat and split washers would not be right next to each other like that. I would think the split washer would go on AFTER you slide the bolt in, before you put the nut on. So in my head it should be flat, then nylon, then push the bolt through, then split, then nut. I can't find a video that actually shows this part.
I'm inclined to agree with you. Usually the lock washer is next to the nut.

Gummiente62

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gummiente62.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport, 97 C5 Corvette, 03 HD FXD
Occupation
Retired
Shoot me a PM if interested and I'll copy the info over to you.
Thank you and I do appreciate the offer, but it's too late for me. Two types of treatments have failed and the last option left, the drug Lonsurf which I start in a couple weeks, has a dismal success rate. My Oncologist is very, very good - one of the top rated in Canada - but there's only so much she can do. I'm stage 4 and it just won't get any better. But I'm learning to deal with it and I have my JL to play with on the good days, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Ok jeeples, I need help because the instructions on this are clear as mud. Attaching the hoop to the EAG front bumper, here are the directions:
Locate supplied M8 Allen head bolts. Slide a supplied nylon and flat, split washer onto each of the bolts. Push the bolts through the holes in the hoop mounting plate and through the holes in the bumper.

The part in bold is where I'm scratching my head. As written, the nylon goes onto the bolt first, THEN the flat washer, THEN the split washer. THEN push the bolt through the holes. Seems to me the nylon should be touching the bumper to prevent scratching and would therefore go on last in that lineup. I would also think the flat and split washers would not be right next to each other like that. I would think the split washer would go on AFTER you slide the bolt in, before you put the nut on. So in my head it should be flat, then nylon, then push the bolt through, then split, then nut. I can't find a video that actually shows this part.
Nylon washer to protect finish on outside , then bolt through hole, then metal flat washer and then "split washer", and finally bolt. There should always be a metal flat washer in between a lock ("split") washer and the object being bolted.

Jeep Hair

First Name
Bree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Nylon washer to protect finish on outside , then bolt through hole, then metal flat washer and then "split washer", and finally bolt. There should always be a metal flat washer in between a lock ("split") washer and the object being bolted.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Back to work I go, then!

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
145BADB9-B0A9-4C84-B131-A91E2DFF33F3.jpeg

$4 worth of potato tacos
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Eww2

I'm going to say if there's not some variety of meat on it, it's not a real taco. :giggle: (GFY Vegans)

I got in the double-double line early (10:30AM)

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Sweet Tooth on Netflix.
Is that good?

If y'all haven't caught it yet, watch "Wayne" on Prime (a Youtube original series). I quite enjoyed it.

Not for children. Lots of violence and cussing.

"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not for our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." -- Jack Handey

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Amen to that!!!
My mother was a breast cancer survivor (just shy of 10 years) and the week after Easter she went to the hospital for some intestinal issues that had come on. They initially told her Pancreatic cancer, then backed off that and said well maybe not. Then she was told ampullary cancer. They were starting to look at performing a Whipple procedure for that. They said there was something on the CT scans that they weren't quite sure of. They performed a laparoscopy to see what was going on. The oncologist then said she had stomach cancer that had been there for a while, so the Whipple procedure was off the table. They then started chemo for the stomach on Tuesday June 1st. Friday the 4th she was so sick that her doctor told my sister to take her to the ER. They began ran some tests and then she slid downhill extremely fast. I got to the hospital just in time. I got to tell her I was there (she was unresponsive and on her final breaths). I told her it was ok to let go. She took one more breath and that was it. I really wished they would have performed an autopsy so we could know exactly what she had going on and so we know for family history. You can bet your sweet ass that I will not delay any more of my screening.

** a sucky side note: she passed in the same room that my younger brother passed away in 9 months ago :(
My condolences.

:(

MtBaldyDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUS, 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Stand up Philosopher
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Eww2

I'm going to say if there's not some variety of meat on it, it's not a real taco. :giggle: (GFY Vegans)

I got in the double-double line early (10:30AM)
lol, Oh it wasn't my $4 that was used to purchase these imposter tacos. But who turns down any sort of free tacos :whatsgoingon: I'll make up for them around dinner time.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking that but failed to follow thru. Thanks for helping her. I'll go stand in the corner now.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you and I do appreciate the offer, but it's too late for me. Two types of treatments have failed and the last option left, the drug Lonsurf which I start in a couple weeks, has a dismal success rate. My Oncologist is very, very good - one of the top rated in Canada - but there's only so much she can do. I'm stage 4 and it just won't get any better. But I'm learning to deal with it and I have my JL to play with on the good days, so it's not all doom and gloom.
All the best to you, Mike. You seem to have a great attitude.
Sponsored