Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
I feel like a schizo going back and forth with the 2 username.
As long as you don't talk with yourself, get mad and start a flame war against yourself :CWL:
Sponsored

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
I had a very well used Poorrunner (1988) when we moved here after I retired from military, it was a beast offroad but 225,000 miles was catching up with it and it was uncomfortable as hell to ride in. I was looking at trucks and my wife was like "why don't you just buy a Jeep, you are always oohing and ahhing over Jeeps you see", Then I was like "you are a genius! go buy a new purse on Amazon right now!". We also both have quads but in 2015 I remembered how to jump but forgot how to land and managed this:
20170608_141314.jpg

So a couple surgeries and 6 years later I still don't walk quite right and riding quads just plain hurts. Little did I know my wife was going to turn into a Jeep junkie as bad as me, now she's like "hurry up and change your axles and put on those coil overs so we can go camping!" (Shhh, she doesn't need to know).
That post needed a couple different reactions, so I just went with Jaw drop amazement :like:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
As long as you don't talk with yourself, get mad and start a flame war against yourself :CWL:
I'm sure some people have thought this the times I've had disagreements with Sean K in the General Forums, lol.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1623261528007

got great result from amazon customer service on a recent order..

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
So if the cicadas can ground a white house press plane, how many cracks will my Wrangler windshield have when they eventually show up here? So far, I've only seen one (cicada, not crack), but It's only a matter of time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Penny??? Nah...you need to use a live 22...that way, you have an audible notification when it blows....
Read about a guy who did that some years ago. Fuse panel was under the dash, and he shot himself in the testicles. Expedited award of the Darwin Award.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Google to the rescue!!! ;) ;)

Although, I have had some "informative" discussions with those people, I didn't have the phone number any longer. I will no longer pay for Amazon Prime. Not only did I not really benefit from the service, they almost never delivered when they said I would get it. Luckily, Monica decided to get Prime so I just use her account. :LOL::LOL:
i did google it. but wanted to confirm the # from the site. i dont bother with the prime. since i'm not in any rush for anything. i always go for the free shipping and usually get it a couple of days earlier. i did the free 30 day prime thing twice and see no difference on most of my orders.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
We just received a very cool donation. This carving was made from wood downed in last year's derecho, purchased at a derecho benefit auction, and donated to us by the purchasers. it really is as big as it looks...55" tall, 2 feet deep, and weighs more than I do. It will have an honored place in our art gallery.
_nc_ohc=TTBxQgI0VqsAX-YULBq&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg

Sponsored

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Okay so in between being the middle man for snarky suppliers and my snarky supervisor I looked a little at the Ford Maverick.

BLUF - I think its ugly, but its cheap enough to work.

The 2.5 liter engine is a Hybrid powertrain, the 2.0 turbo is not. FWD standard but could be gotten with AWD. Its a shot at the Ridgeline no doubt.
I had high hopes for the Maverick, but like you observed it has fallen short - especially in the looks department. Agree if they keep the price point low it might be competitive.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I had high hopes for the Maverick, but like you observed it has fallen short - especially in the looks department. Agree if they keep the price point low it might be competitive.
same here.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
As a small city truck it would work. I could use one to do my shuttling drivers to pick up trucks from the shop duties.

Several years ago my Dad had a Ford Escape Hybrid he absolutely loved. It got totaled and he replaced it with an F-150... He misses the Escape and sometimes wishes he had a smaller truck... I can totally see him getting interested in the Maverick.

Jeep Hair

First Name
Bree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Thanks, but I think it's better than the first time. I'm still hobbling along.

Will make a trip today for some wraps and a brace if they have one. Not going to scoot around on a cart. :CWL:
I did a very similar thing once - drinking at a beachside cafe in Del Mar I think it was, hopped over the patio railing onto the sand, not realizing the sand was covering a rock. The knot was every bit as big as yours. On the day before flying back to TN to visit my friends & family.

I found that with enough alcohol, you can power through it without crutches.
Sponsored