Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey

Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I'm looking at MetalCloak's bumpers now. Already have their tire carrier and rock slider/steps.
Their front has grown on my, I like the stubby the best, but for the extra 5 inches of width per side I think I'm going to get the mid width to keep my fogs, still uncertain; love that stubby look.

Now that rear bumper, hands down the best rear designed bumper IMO. Full wrap around yet super high clearance on the sides with support. Hitch harness is incorporated into the bumper. I've been researching aftermarket parts for about 7 months straight, and I look at shit daily and I don't think I ever been as impressed with an aftermarket company as I am with them regardless of the vehicle application.

I didn't realize till the other night that their Sliders are shaped to hug the body as well as bolt on to it. I was still hesitant about the sliders worrying about a hard hit just being bolted to the body, but I hadn't realized they are contoured. If you would ever so kindly; I would love to see a picture of how close it comes to the body. Does the lower section make contact with the body so there is no flex and impact is disperse? Pictures please (if you have the time and care too).

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
Thanks all for the birthday wishes! Rainy day, but relaxing with the wife. I guess this is my Heinz year
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1621874203084

Sponsored

JohnT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4-minutemiles.weebly.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
I only eat creatures with suction cups if they've been breaded, deep fried and served with some cocktail sauce. :like:
me too, and even then - I watch them for a bit before eating them to make sure they are dead. Seen too many alien movies.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Their front has grown on my, I like the stubby the best, but for the extra 5 inches of width per side I think I'm going to get the mid width to keep my fogs, still uncertain; love that stubby look.

Now that rear bumper, hands down the best rear designed bumper IMO. Full wrap around yet super high clearance on the sides with support. Hitch harness is incorporated into the bumper. I've been researching aftermarket parts for about 7 months straight, and I look at shit daily and I don't think I ever been as impressed with an aftermarket company as I am with them regardless of the vehicle application.

I didn't realize till the other night that their Sliders are shaped to hug the body as well as bolt on to it. I was still hesitant about the sliders worrying about a hard hit just being bolted to the body, but I hadn't realized they are contoured. If you would ever so kindly; I would love to see a picture of how close it comes to the body. Does the lower section make contact with the body so there is no flex and impact is disperse? Pictures please (if you have the time and care too).
I like the modular design too. You can replace the ends if needed.

My install of the sliders can be found here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ntures-continued-punkn-jlr.11524/post-1275447

You can see how beefy they are over stock. Much more reinforced and connects to more points on the body. Take the step off for more clearance. I hope to never hit them hard enough to cause body damage. :fingerscrossed:

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Thanks all for the birthday wishes! Rainy day, but relaxing with the wife. I guess this is my Heinz year
1621874203084.png
You seem to be doing quite well for someone born in 1869! :giggle:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
heard this on the radio today.