Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Jeep Hair

First Name
Bree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
On my way into work this morning @ 4 AM, I am cruising in the right lane at a casual 10 over the limit in the F-150. (Most are doing 20+ over the limit). The Jeep is at home waiting for Safelite to install another windshield! As I am cruising, I hear this horrible noise coming up on my left. Low and behold, it's a bright orange Wrangler sporting 38 or 40" mud tires and gear whine to go with it! To each their own, but no way could I live with commuting in a vehicle that was so loud and obnoxious. Wait a minute..... people say the same when the stereo on the Harley is cranked up. Never mind. I didn't hear a thing this morning other than traffic and weather on the 8s. :headbang:
But did you forget you weren't in your Jeep and wave? :LOL:
Sponsored

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
LOL Nope. Too startled as I didn't see what it was until it was past me. It actually was a tad nerve wracking as loud as it was and not a pleasant sound. Not just mud tires, but gear whine and mud.

My wife would love your Jeep. She wants a Hella Yella 2 door so bad, but doesn't want to trade in Kermit on one just yet. Kermit is a (loud) metallic green Ford Focus that I can spot a mile away. I think it might have spent time at 3 mile island.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I would say that, you're thinking of Mike, but he rode a Brontosaurus, and school hadn't been invented yet. :CWL: :CWL: :bandit:
Nay, not so, but far otherwise. History teaching is the oldest profession (no Billy, not prostitution).
When we were in the cave after we had gnawed on the bones of the giant sloth and heaved them down the hill for the sabertooths, the oldest among us would gather the children of the clan near the fire, and tell the legends of our people. In doing this, we became a part of the clan, and thus integrated into our society.

As for riding to school on brontos, ridiculous. We were all home schooled. We only used the brontos to travel for football games against other caves.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Oh yes you can get 285/70R17 Cooper SST Pros... the stock size for Rubicons and they will fit on a Sport. Whoever told you otherwise can go pound sand!
I was going to respond, but I knew I had to catch up first. :CWL: :like:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Why yes I am winching... Apparantly a 23 degree incline with snow and mud is just too steep for a Sahara with AT tires, lol.
I still have no problem pulling line if I need to.

I haven't needed to, but that's more because I really don't like wheeling on slippery ass ice and snow.

One too many close to sliding off a mountain for me. KNOPE

giphy.gif

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Good morning. I had a dream that I was driving a sports car in a race on some European streets (Italy maybe), but I was also having foot cramps. Then I woke up to find that the foot cramps were real, but the sports car driving wasn't. :crying:

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
What is a "full timer"? Arent you full time?
UPS hierarchy-
Union employees. (part time/"3 hour" make up 75% of the work force. Part time/"6 hour" make up 15%. Full Time make up 10% that includes our maintenance department, aircraft mechanics, and housekeeping.)
Front line/part-time supes. Lowest level of management. In charge of a certain area, and it's union employees.
Full-time supes. In charge of 1/3 of the wing.
Building Managers. Self explanatory.
District manager. Over all the building managers at world Port.

It takes 20+ years to even make the list for full time union positions. Much less actually making it. If you take one, you're retirement starts over though.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'm a millennial... We rode a luxurious school bus and were handed a participation trophy as we exited every day, as long as we had at least a D average. :CWL:
I'm not a boomer or millennial...

I did bust my dad's balls after going to college in his home town and living in the family home while I did so.

:CWL:

Turns out it was really only about 7 miles and use to be a dirt road, but now it's paved with a good sidewalk. I ran there and back in much less time than he complained about! No snow and it wasn't even up hill! :LOL:

(Have a picture somewhere in the basement. No digital copy. I still need to scan them all.)

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
LOL Nope. Too startled as I didn't see what it was until it was past me. It actually was a tad nerve wracking as loud as it was and not a pleasant sound. Not just mud tires, but gear whine and mud.

My wife would love your Jeep. She wants a Hella Yella 2 door so bad, but doesn't want to trade in Kermit on one just yet. Kermit is a (loud) metallic green Ford Focus that I can spot a mile away. I think it might have spent time at 3 mile island.
My girl wants a Snazzberry 4 door with white top. Only she doesn't want to trade in her beloved Rav4 or make payments.

So she keeps digging me to trade in. :CWL: :CWL: :CWL:

Maybe your girl could have both? I'd think the Focus would have better fuel mileage for the coming hikes in fill prices?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a boomer or millennial...

I did bust my dad's balls after going to college in his home town and living in the family home while I did so.

:CWL:

Turns out it was really only about 7 miles and use to be a dirt road, but now it's paved with a good sidewalk. I ran there and back in much less time than he complained about! No snow and it wasn't even up hill! :LOL:

(Have a picture somewhere in the basement. No digital copy. I still need to scan them all.)
I think our parents just like to pile on just how much harder life was for them than it was for us, lol.

My Mom actually drove the school bus when she was in High School, so its not like it was an ordeal for her to get to school, lol.

My Grandparents grew up in the Great Depression and then had to deal with Hitler, Tojo and a little bit of Mussolini... so yeah they had it rough growing up.

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Honey, I ain't no litebrite chick (unfortunately).
Doesn't mean I'm gonna say that. Lol
One shouldn't mention a woman's weight if they like being above ground. Lol

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My girl wants a Snazzberry 4 door with white top. Only she doesn't want to trade in her beloved Rav4 or make payments.

So she keeps digging me to trade in. :CWL: :CWL: :CWL:
Trading a Rubi for an Islander isn't much of a trade, lol.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have 33s on stock wheels on my JL Sport, no lift, no problems!
Yep! its one of the most common stock tire replacements on Sports and Saharas, lol.
Sponsored