Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
You all have got to stop posting these pics. I've said it before, company office is in a real small town (actually, early intro to the show Parks & Recreation includes a picture from here; the large Native American statue)
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) WordUp

and we have no places to go for good food unless you count the Subway in the Pak A Sak. I've got Philly Steak Hot Pockets for today's lunch. It's just not fair.
Let me help ... the solutions lie within :giggle:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) large

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
One of the best things I've discovered is instead of doubling down on your line and gunning it, just back up and try a slightly different line. Works with my Jeep and all the fancy BLD/LSD, but also with that Cherokee near the end of the video with open diffs.

Love that buggy that just flew up the rock garden too. lol!
Buggies are over the top for Uwharrie in my opinion, but you gotta get your fix somehow, lol.

I agree on line selection, skinny pedal will get you broken. Open diffs aren't a problem if you know how to use your brakes and accelerator (poor man's LSD). I crawled the first edge of Daniel (when it was way worse than it is in these latest videos) with my 2013 JKR with lockers engaged without any problem. Everybody else was struggling and here I come with my 2 door on 37's and just walked right up it. For a brief moment I was a legend, lol. Too that I will add that very few seem to understand momentum management, roll through the obstacle with enough forward momentum to get the first axle clear and keep it up until the rear axle does it's work. It is a learned skill but it does save on the equipment. Line selection is key and knowing where the low hanging bits are is paramount. It is for sure a thinking person's game, and you can spot the newbs a mile away. I actually enjoy sharing this kind of stuff with people on the trail.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Buggies are over the top for Uwharrie in my opinion, but you gotta get your fix somehow, lol.

I agree on line selection, skinny pedal will get you broken. Open diffs aren't a problem if you know how to use your brakes and accelerator (poor man's LSD). I crawled the first edge of Daniel (when it was way worse than it is in these latest videos) with my 2013 JKR with lockers engaged without any problem. Everybody else was struggling and here I come with my 2 door on 37's and just walked right up it. For a brief moment I was a legend, lol. Too that I will add that very few seem to understand momentum management, roll through the obstacle with enough forward momentum to get the first axle clear and keep it up until the rear axle does it's work. It is a learned skill but it does save on the equipment. Line selection is key and knowing where the low hanging bits are is paramount. It is for sure a thinking person's game, and you can spot the newbs a mile away. I actually enjoy sharing this kind of stuff with people on the trail.
37s are pretty much unfair in Uwharrie, lol! When Mike and I went most of the modded Jeeps were on 35s, ThirtyOne was on his stock wheels (Sport S) with 285/70R17s and a JKUR and I were on our stock 32s... Mike just floated over everything and wound up waiting on us at the rock garden, lol!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
37s are pretty much unfair in Uwharrie, lol! When Mike and I went most of the modded Jeeps were on 35s, ThirtyOne was on his stock wheels (Sport S) with 285/70R17s and a JKUR and I were on our stock 32s... Mike just floated over everything and wound up waiting on us at the rock garden, lol!
Tires are really important for grip and clearance. Number one upgrade IMHO.

Also, I find I'm back to stock clearance when I air down, but the extra grip and comfort are worth it.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
But Sean did a really nice job of removing all the humps on the trails with the bottom of his Jeep! :giggle: I even caught one rub on video.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Also, I find I'm back to stock clearance when I air down, but the extra grip and comfort are worth it.
Comfort for sure here in AZ, also keeps the rocks from finding there way into the tires. Some sharp stuff here.

After having 37's no way I'm ever going to 35's, lol!

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

This I am aware. Its why I went wider when I got the Scorpions. Clearance wasn't a big issue for me, but the grip was. I'm pretty happy with how the Jeep handles now.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
But Sean did a really nice job of removing all the humps on the trails with the bottom of his Jeep! :giggle: I even caught one rub on video.
I noticed the next time I was there, the erosion humps weren't an issue for me... :CWL:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Comfort for sure here in AZ, also keeps the rocks from finding there way into the tires. Some sharp stuff here.

After having 37's no way I'm ever going to 35's, lol!
:like:

I'm resisting the jump for a while. I've found the 35's have been more than capable so far.

This I am aware. Its why I went wider when I got the Scorpions. Clearance wasn't a big issue for me, but the grip was. I'm pretty happy with how the Jeep handles now.
I miss the mud terrains. I know they would be better off road, but as a daily driver I had to make the choices to best fit the greater part of my Jeep's duties. AT's are only okay off road, but sure are better on icy streets.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
:like:

I'm resisting the jump for a while. I've found the 35's have been more than capable so far.

I miss the mud terrains. I know they would be better off road, but as a daily driver I had to make the choices to best fit the greater part of my Jeep's duties. AT's are only okay off road, but sure are better on icy streets.
If I ever do throw down on a lift/tires/regear upgrade it will more than likely be 35s, KM3 or similar grade of MT and 4.10s. Going up to 37s for me I'd probably want to upgrade my front axle to a D44... and I might as well throw in lockers while I'm at it... and the price keeps going up and up and up... lol!