Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Let's see if it overly compresses it for the post...
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) IMG_20210313_090707

You'll want to zoom in to see
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) IMG_20210313_103715
Sponsored

Iaintgonnatellu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well all the vinyl is up. Now for pass #2, paper and whatever glue comes with it...removal.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210308_111531

PS The steamer definitely made removal easier, not necessarily faster. I think it'll soften the paper nicely, tho.
Damn you still working on that

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I lied about doing the cubbies next, worked on the small window instead.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 18BC98C7-9C03-4791-B317-5F17056365DF_1_105_c

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Damn you still working on that
:LOL: come on. be nice. @Steveo taking it slow and easy. he wants to do it right and one time only since its a pain in the @$$ diy project. steve keep up the slow i mean good work.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I lied about doing the cubbies next, worked on the small window instead.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 18BC98C7-9C03-4791-B317-5F17056365DF_1_105_c
looks good. you cant even tell that the window is upside down.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Report please. I'm thinking about going this route as well. What kind of cost and how well does it keep up with demand relative to a 50 gal tank of scalding water?
I'll have to see on performance. So far so good, but we've only had it up and running for a day. It has a built in re-circ pump if I wanted to do that. I'd need a valve at a distant part of the house, so for now we aren't using it. But the time to hot in the shower is the same. Nice to know we are using a bit less energy (although it's gas, so that's in our advantage anyway)

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
was looking it to this set up. but my plumber advised not to do it due to the hard water we have.
I read that too. But we have a whole house softener, so we felt OK with it.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I'm thinking a large capacity one for the house and a small extra supplemental one for the kitchen so I don't have to run the water so dang long to heat up to rinse off dishes and cookware and get the raw chicken slime off the hands :giggle:

I will have to do some gpm flow investigation to see if running 2 showers or shower and dish or clothes washer concurrent is an issue.

Our 50 gallon tank is leaking a smidge. My valve replace a few months ago didn't buy much time I guess.
We got the Nivean NPE 240A. Rated at 11gpm. But only at 5gpm @ 80F temp raise. That is still about 2 showers running at once. Any more and you'd see pressure dropping.

I think for our family, that won't be a problem. Although in holiday season, if we have family over or something, that may become an issue. At least we won't ever run OUT of hot water.

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
Exciting mod to the P'car today. Added the license plate mounted LED strip I bought over a year ago so'z it'd supplement the anemic reverse lights on the macan

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Screenshot_20210314-155138

(not my UK spec ;))

Worked great in the daylight, but will have to evaluate in a rainy evening scenario ... if we ever get one of those :giggle:

Sponsored

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
2nd stage of the switch was to demo out the old tank pedestal. Damn, they built that thing like fort knox! But it's out, and I'll get it sheetrocked up, cleaned, painted, and somehow try to match the garage floor treatment.

I'm feeling VERY lucky that the tank leak occurred on the back side of the tank. It shot a pinhole of water at the back wall you see here with the plywood behind it. So the plywood stopped major penetration through the wall and into the house.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210314_153546

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
We got the Nivean NPE 240A. Rated at 11gpm. But only at 5gpm @ 80F temp raise. That is still about 2 showers running at once. Any more and you'd see pressure dropping.

I think for our family, that won't be a problem. Although in holiday season, if we have family over or something, that may become an issue. At least we won't ever run OUT of hot water.
Nice!