Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Got to pay for no ads. All these big multimedia companies want to pay people a crazy amount of money and then they want to charge us or they will add the ads to everything we watch.
Cable does both... pay a ton and still have to watch ads... lol
Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Got to pay for no ads. All these big multimedia companies want to pay people a crazy amount of money and then they want to charge us or they will add the ads to everything we watch.
And to think years ago people kept asking why I didn't spend $21/mo to rent movies from Netflix, then $10/mo for streaming plus $150/mo for enough bandwidth to stream. :tumbleweed:

The most recent amusement: You want electronic billing to save paper!... Then we'll change your account number without telling you, won't tell you the balance in email, no see we want you logging in to our site so we can sell more stuff, and eventually won't bother sending you bills at all because you keep paying ahead but have no idea of your credit balance, then when you stop we'll immediately charge late fees, then we'll send you a shutdown notification and ask you for a PIN to sign up online but since we've never sent you a bill you don't have the PIN do you, so we'll started by informing the credit agencies that you don't pay your bills on time. Result of paper saving measures:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Stacks-of-Tax-and-Legal-Papers

73432 printed pages of legal documentation from the lawsuit associated with our terrible billing and business practices, all because email is, as everyone was told at the beginning, not reliable, prone to spam filtering, and so forth.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Returned the SS toolbox to Lowes in favor of the full 44" combo (in Blue) from HF. Also, some Popeye's chicken tenders may have been acquired and promptly consumed during the outing.

Trying to finger out what I want to do today. I might sort screws/nuts/bolts in the garage. It's another beautiful day here in So. Cal.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’m about to cancel my cable and stick to what ever streaming apps we have.
I did that years ago. CBS All Access (Paramount+ in a few days) and Disney+ are my only monthly bills for that.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I did that years ago. CBS All Access (Paramount+ in a few days) and Disney+ are my only monthly bills for that.
I'm still just feeding Hulu, Prime, and Netflix. Apple TV is a free trial, but I dropped Disney and CBS All Access. Might have to get HBO MAX though...

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still just feeding Hulu, Prime, and Netflix. Apple TV is a free trial, but I dropped Disney and CBS All Access. Might have to get HBO MAX though...
yep, gotta be selective

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Same here except I don't have to pay for Disney+ yet. Still runnin on a freebee.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I’m about to cancel my cable and stick to what ever streaming apps we have.
To be quite honest, I think I've broken even or slightly better. I own the movies that I watch, save a tonne of monthly money on Internet that's fast enough for my data needs (but not 10x that for streaming video, HD, support for 3d), and (big concern) can actually see the titles I want. While I've had some vhs die, most dvds and blu-ray last forever. I suppose there's some point where they'll decide to stop making blu-ray players that support dvd.

It's definitely an oranges to tangerines comparison though since I don't watch television. I still have enough throughout for youtube, but some Saturday nights I notice the lag and am happy that I can recover from my hike knowing that I can watch the movie with full resolution video and full fidelity surround sound with zero lag.

Maybe I should buy another player as backup. This one has been around for a while. :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored