Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
Happy Monday peeps. I see you jokers have been troublemakers over the weekend and the moderators are having a hissy fit with us. And the border guards must be lax on the Canadian side. Lot's of faces I haven't seen or seen in a while. Hope everyone has a good week. Even the moderators.

Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Good Morning all!!! Have I mentioned just how much I love my Jeep?!?!?!?! Nothing extraordinary happened this weekend with it, just a run to Dad's, rolling 55k, getting 20 mpg on the highway (not the interstate... ROFL), and generally being a bad ass little vehicle! That's all... ;)

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Good Morning all!!! Have I mentioned just how much I love my Jeep?!?!?!?! Nothing extraordinary happened this weekend with it, just a run to Dad's, rolling 55k, getting 20 mpg on the highway (not the interstate... ROFL), and generally being a bad ass little vehicle! That's all... ;)
The difference between winter and summer mileage is noticeable on mine (3.6 Sport 2 door). I typically get about 23 summer and 19 winter overall. Also, the minute temps got back above freezing my ESS started workihg again...not that I care, just weird.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
The difference between winter and summer mileage is noticeable on mine (3.6 Sport 2 door). I typically get about 23 summer and 19 winter overall. Also, the minute temps got back above freezing my ESS started workihg again...not that I care, just weird.
Most of that is the difference between summer gas and winter gas...I notice a drastic change in overall fuel mileage in the winter...and I do not let me Jeep warm up before taking off. I don't care about my ESS...the only time it is used is when I forget and pull into a parking spot, don't hop out of the Jeep right away but go ahead and put the Jeep in neutral and let the clutch out (done this yesterday while talking to Dad on the phone...).

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed that the Jeep goes into "Battery Protection Mode" if its near freezing. Once it gets warmer that goes away and the ESS functions normally.

Unfortunately for me I think one my batteries is on its way out as my Jeep has been stuck on "battery charging" now even with higher temperatures.

Iaintgonnatellu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Most of that is the difference between summer gas and winter gas...I notice a drastic change in overall fuel mileage in the winter...and I do not let me Jeep warm up before taking off. I don't care about my ESS...the only time it is used is when I forget and pull into a parking spot, don't hop out of the Jeep right away but go ahead and put the Jeep in neutral and let the clutch out (done this yesterday while talking to Dad on the phone...).
I didn’t think they would add ESS to a manual jeep.
Sponsored