Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I had read that as well, but when I took it to the parking lot in a rain storm it went into 4H directly. Getting into 4L took more concentration because I had to back up then try to get the right speed to be "rolling 1-3mph", shift in, not drop the transmission, and not run past the end of the lot.

Now getting out of 4L... I had to forward/reverse multiple times, but what do you expect on wet pavement. Fortunately I had made no turns.
Ah, well I've found that you don't necessarily need to be rolling to get it into 4LO. My foot is not on the brake when I do go into 4LO though.

Edit: I'm forgetting you already had a Jeep before this one... :headbang:

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I had read that as well, but when I took it to the parking lot in a rain storm it went into 4H directly. Getting into 4L took more concentration because I had to back up then try to get the right speed to be "rolling 1-3mph", shift in, not drop the transmission, and not run past the end of the lot.

Now getting out of 4L... I had to forward/reverse multiple times, but what do you expect on wet pavement. Fortunately I had made no turns.
I hate trying to get it OUT of 4L, always sounds like all the gears just smashed together at once.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I hate trying to get it OUT of 4L, always sounds like all the gears just smashed together at once.
Its never smooth. It usually flies all the way to 2HI as soon as it loosens too. lol

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I'm jealous. We were supposed to get 8-12 and so far only 3", so here I am at work.
going into work this morning got about 6-8 and it still coming down. at least a foot or more and its not slowing down. we were told to go home by 12:30. was not a fun drive back home. 45 mins just to drive 8 miles.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
or in the neutral zone
lol once I was in 4LO actually moving and the Jeep still thought it was in neutral. I pulled back a little bit more and felt a little click and then it stopped panicking.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Oh this talk reminds me, both of my brothers have Ford Expeditions. For the one that lives in Virginia, yesterday was the first time he had ever used 4LO. 6" of fresh snow, but he went up the hill just fine. Highway tires too.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
of course i had to run the jeep in 4 hi going into work and coming home from work. the main roads wasnt plowed all that good. the plow came thru maybe 3 or 4 times. it was really shitty commute. just glad it was in day light and hardly any traffic vs night time driving.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Last edited:

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i hear ya. and not trying to preach to the choir (for those that lives in the snow country). but where i'm at 90% of the folks here are morons when the first snow flake hits the pavement. so let alone a foot of snow, the morons cant stay off the roads and let the snow plows clear the roads. you guys are accustom to it. i've said it a couple of times, i dont mind the snow. but now i'm ready to get the HELL out of here and go somewhere a little warmer.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
regardless of the weather, the postal service still makes us come in and either go out and deliver the mail or get work just to go home because its unsafe to be out there.

Last edited:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So I jumped on Google Earth to see where Kirkland was and get some relevance to where @hickinwa lives. Right near Seattle I see... Then I zoom out a little bit and realize that all of my assumptions about where Mt Rainer was in relation to Seattle and Tacoma were just wrong! My whole life I thought it was North, not Southeast!

tenor (13).gif
Sponsored