Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Oh, I saw it all right. Don't miss it one bit! Ice storm of '98, no power for 4 days. fuk that shit! I moved out here to hide from that crap!
I tell you what, I hated being in Strategic Air Command (SAC) but location wise, that was one of the best I had been stationed at. I love mountains so being there was heaven to me. The fishing was absolutely awesome; Lake Champlain, Saranac River, Au Sable River, countless mountain ponds/lakes. The autumn leaf changes were gorgeous. Skiing Whiteface, Gore, Stowe, Smuggler's Notch, Killington.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I tell you what, I hated being in Strategic Air Command (SAC) but location wise, that was one of the best I had been stationed at. I love mountains so being there was heaven to me. The fishing was absolutely awesome; Lake Champlain, Saranac River, Au Sable River, countless mountain ponds/lakes. The autumn leaf changes were gorgeous. Skiing Whiteface, Gore, Stowe, Smuggler's Notch, Killington.
Ah SAC... "Strategic Air Command" has actually become one of my favorite movies recently. Basically a recruiting film disguised as a Hollywood movie lol. Didn't know this but Jimmy Stewart stayed in the Air Force Reserve and flew a B-52 over Vietnam for his final combat mission and then retired as a Major General.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Last snow the mountain was engulfed with people. Sunrise Highway was a parking lot, the entire 10 miles from the interstate was bottlenecked and it took up to 4 hours to get through. Insane. Even 2 weeks after the storm, people are looking for snow. The snow is all gone now, thankfully.
I usually go up late at night to avoid such chaos, but before "The Man" closes Sunrise. I like to be there while the snow is falling, not the aftermath. (Snowmageddon)

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Noice2

Got a double-double and Choco shake after pickleball Monday night.

I just got back with a Popeyes Chicken sandwich. :rock:

On a side note, the Benz was saying it's 85 f'in degrees outside!

Sponsored

MtBaldyDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUS, 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Stand up Philosopher
Last snow the mountain was engulfed with people. Sunrise Highway was a parking lot, the entire 10 miles from the interstate was bottlenecked and it took up to 4 hours to get through. Insane. Even 2 weeks after the storm, people are looking for snow. The snow is all gone now, thankfully.
Same! It's horrible every snow especially when a clear day follows and the flatlanders can see the snow. I now live at the base of the mountain, but we did 4-5 years at 7500ft and 5 ish years at 4600ft. Had days where 16 miles took 4 hours....

MtBaldyDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUS, 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Stand up Philosopher
I usually go up late at night to avoid such chaos, but before "The Man" closes Sunrise. I like to be there while the snow is falling, not the aftermath. (Snowmageddon)
Smart!

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
I wish it was 85 degrees right now.
I put the top down on the Benz for the drive back home, which takes all of about 5 minutes.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) JustSayin