Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Wish they had this when I was in college - I think my two son's lived on Ramen Noodles when they went. I should have bought stock in the companies.
I lived on Romen after going to college myself. Mix in some frozen vegie mix and it's a well rounded meal. :like:

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
1610120501302.png

Found this to be a really interesting read:

Keith Anderson

November 23, 2019

The fastest manmade object isn't a hypersonic jet or spacecraft, but a large manhole cover.... When the US started doing underground nuclear testing, nobody really knew what would happen. One test bomb was placed at the bottom of a 485-foot deep shaft on July 26, 1957, and someone thought it was a good idea to put a half-ton iron manhole cover on top to contain the explosion. The bomb turned the shaft into the world's largest Roman candle, and the manhole cover was nowhere to be found. Robert Brownlee, an astrophysicist who designed the test, wanted to repeat the experiment with high-speed cameras so he could figure out what happened to the cover. So another experiment was created, this time 500-feet deep, and a similar half-ton manhole cover was placed on top. On August 27, 1957, they detonated the bomb. The high-speed cameras barely caught a view of the cover as it left the top of the shaft and headed into oblivion. Brownlee used the frames to calculate the speed to be more than 125,000 miles per hour.... more than five times the escape velocity of the Earth, and the fastest man-made object in history.

Physicists have debated the whereabouts of the two manhole covers ever since. Recently, with the help of supercomputers and a lot more scientific knowledge, physicists are certain that they wouldn't have had time to burn up completely before exiting the atmosphere. This means both of the remaining pieces would have passed Pluto's orbit sometime around 1961 and are way beyond the edge of the solar system by now.
1f642.png
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 11489

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
That's a whole lots of freedom sticking out of the nose of that flying gun. I really like Erik Johnston's channel - some of the WW2 birds are amazing.
Yeah, me too! (thanks)

Was watching this one, too...

Sponsored

Sponsored

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
It just hit me! I knew something was special about today, other than being Friday.
It's Elvis' Birthday!! We all should have taken off today.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) InsectKiller
Bowie's too.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1610133163081