Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Well CRAP!!! I have decided to go ahead and get me a winch. Although, I am going to get the APEX 12000 instead of the ZXR12000. I like the idea of the synthetic rope over the steel cable. And I think it will look better in the bumper...for a boat anchor anyway. I have ordered a Maximus-3 winch plate for the JL/JT and will hopefully be getting it late next week. I will be going to get the winch either tomorrow or Saturday. Then comes the real fun of installing that heavy thing on my Roxy.
Be like Mark.

Warn EVO 10S

It looks great. Fits the steel bumper great. Lighter than the Zeon. Will work in a few years when you finally need it.

Thank me later. ;)

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
That is one of the good things about having a girlfriend instead of a wife. Her comment to me when I told her I was thinking about this was..."You don't have to ask me for permission". LOL
Officially I don't either. Even though we have been together for pushing 20 years we never signed the contract that legally binds me to giving away half my stuff (did that twice before and I have given away more major appliances than Bob Barker). However after all these years, I have to call her something and at this point everyone just assumes that she has given up all hope and has settled for me . But I can hear her saying "I thought you were going to redo the downstairs bath" ... so in a nutshell, I will be redoing the downstairs bath as well ...

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Be like Mark.

Warn EVO 10S

It looks great. Fits the steel bumper great. Lighter than the Zeon. Will work in a few years when you finally need it.

Thank me later. ;)
I hear what you are saying Gary but I just can't see paying Warn money for one. It might come around to that at some point, but I learn my lessons the hard way...every time... :):)

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I hear what you are saying Gary but I just can't see paying Warn money for one. It might come around to that at some point, but I learn my lessons the hard way...every time... :):)
Very happy with my Smitybilt that I got on sale and I've even used it to haul the Jeep up a muddy hill in MN. It's also been used for landscape work. hehe

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Hear what you're saying Joe. I was debating between the Smitty and the Warn as the Smitty is a little cheaper ... but you know the saying "pay once, cry once" and if Warn has enough confidence to give the EVO the same warranty as the Zeon, that kind of pushed me to it. But it was hard not to go towards a more budget friendly winch

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'm still learning my lessons. :beer:

I have my misgivings on HF electronics. Love the prices for low use tools and the floor jacks I've bought from them have worked great.

My Smittybilt x20 on the LJ was fantastic. :fingerscrossed:

I will say though, that the Warn spools faster and feels like it wouldn't overheat as quickly. Haven't had to use it for extended periods yet. :captain:

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150; Sharron's 2020Grand Cherokee
i have spent the last week trying to talk myself out of trading my JL in for a Gladiator. This Spring I will need something to pull a 22 ft boat. For now, I am holding off on the trade.

Looks like you found the perfect solution to haul things around with.

Happy New Year.
I like my Gladiator just fine. Okay, it’s not a full size and can’t haul as much “stuff” in the bed. But no more than I do, it’s just fine. You should at least go test drive one.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I like my Gladiator just fine. Okay, it’s not a full size and can’t haul as much “stuff” in the bed. But no more than I do, it’s just fine. You should at least go test drive one.
My wife is seriously pushing me to get one.

She wants to be able to haul a real camper. :asshat:

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I was thinking about a winch but it's not the highest priority on my list. All this talk makes me realize maybe I'll just be "unique" and go for a capstan and three-fold purchase.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) tumblr_l3pfngpNxL1qb25d