Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
FWIW, check out the close one and if it meets your needs, go for it. Just my .02
The other one is a long drive for possible disappointment.
From what I hear a diesel motor is more costly when it comes to service.
I have the 2016 GC diesel. With the exception of the "emission upgrade" there have been no problems. I have close to 90k on the jeep. It's a keeper.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 2016 GC diesel. With the exception of the "emission upgrade" there have been no problems. I have close to 90k on the jeep. It's a keeper.
How does the new Diesel compare to it?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Actually the new diesel is doing great. Because of the EPA, CARB emissions upgrade the GC is experiencing a lot of regens. The new diesel engine is flawless, so far.
Ah, sounds like the better call would be the new EcoDiesel.

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Oh absolutely, few years ago we casted iron accidentally into the slag pit, hit some water and sent fire balls everywhere. Few work trucks and contractor trailers burnt to the ground

quick YouTube search to show the intensity of the liquid slag/iron igniting the hydrogen in water
I taught for five years in a copper camp in AZ. We used to go watch the smelter dump slag at night....very fancy colors. No water for it to hit, fortunately...the slag dump was right across the road from the high school.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
I taught for five years in a copper camp in AZ. We used to go watch the smelter dump slag at night....very fancy colors. No water for it to hit, fortunately...the slag dump was right across the road from the high school.
for sure! There is a nickel mine few towns over that still dumps like that. Always neat to see the train roll up and dump it down the hill

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
An engineer is a person who poses as an exacting expert on the basis of being able to turn out, with prolific fortitude, infinite strings of incomprehensible formulae, calculated with micrometric precision from vague assumptions which are based on debatable figures, taken from inconclusive experiments, carried out with instruments of problematical accuracy, by persons of doubtful reliability and questionable mentality.

:CWL:

Sponsored

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh absolutely, few years ago we casted iron accidentally into the slag pit, hit some water and sent fire balls everywhere. Few work trucks and contractor trailers burnt to the ground

quick YouTube search to show the intensity of the liquid slag/iron igniting the hydrogen in water
Wow wow wow :surprised:

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
An engineer is a person who poses as an exacting expert on the basis of being able to turn out, with prolific fortitude, infinite strings of incomprehensible formulae, calculated with micrometric precision from vague assumptions which are based on debatable figures, taken from inconclusive experiments, carried out with instruments of problematical accuracy, by persons of doubtful reliability and questionable mentality.

:CWL:
I may not know all the answers, but I'm: 1) a man, 2) a father, and 3) and engineer.

So you better believe I can make it up pretty dang fast, and with enough confusing language to make you believe I DO know all the answers.

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I've had a couple emission cheatin' VW TDI's myself. VW Golf and Audi A6. Other than the pollution cheatiness and the super stinky/oily fuel pump handles, loved them. Not even the added urine sauce required every 10k miles was a deterrent. Torque is sweeeeet.