Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Soo locks didn't leak that I recall. But that was a few years ago.
CaRT have (with some justification) been criticised in recent times for neglecting the maintenance of the infrastructure at the expense of improving the tow paths for use by walkers and cyclists.

Of course the canal system is very old and requires constant repairs. They have moved to reacting to failures rather preventative maintenance though. Many boaters would disagree with this policy.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
CaRT have (with some justification) been criticised in recent times for neglecting the maintenance of the infrastructure at the expense of improving the tow paths for use by walkers and cyclists.

Of course the canal system is very old and requires constant repairs. They have moved to reacting to failures rather preventative maintenance though. Many boaters would disagree with this policy.
How is CaRT funded? User fees, general taxation, ?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Soo locks didn't leak that I recall. But that was a few years ago.
There are some locks near Rochester, New York that I remember. There was some slight leakage that I noticed, but this was 24 years ago so hopefully there has been maintenance and its not gushing through, lol.

Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
How is CaRT funded? User fees, general taxation, ?
They’re mostly funded by licence fees. These are charged based on the length of your boat. A typical 57-60 foot boat pays around £1k a year...there are around 40k boats. They have some additional earnings from museums and other commercial interests.

Of course boaters begrudge the money being spent to improve the towpaths for walkers and cyclists since they don’t pay to use them.

Deleted member 29342

weekend report: brought 50 radiators broken down into copper pipe and alumin(i)um fins to scrap yard.
Return: 1/2 the cost of improvements made to the trailer in order to bring the said 50 radiators to the scrap yard.

1598875676421.png

1598875761232.png

PS: sometimes thinking "eh, i know i'm not going to be using it in the rain, but I think I'll put a sealer on anyways" pays off.
rub it in with that trailer. I still can’t find one. It looks good tho.

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
It works after some fabrication.

EEA476CA-F0D0-424A-B02A-E02EA8351976.jpeg
I just cut their shiddy non-standard quick connect fitting off the hose coming out of the compressor and replaced it with a standard one. Lose that little adapter hose.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Hello my Jeeples, has anyone done a Axle Gear Oil Change yet (preferably on a Rubicon)? I have just under 50k on Roxy now and the last couple of times I took her into the dealership, they said it was time to service the axles. I want to do this myself. Any tips/tricks I need to know about? Will I need the friction modifiers?