Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
One of the Belgian Malinois I worked with in Iraq was a very sweet pup. She decided I was going to be her pillow. Now that being said, I am absolutely certain I wouldn't want her handler to tell her to "get em!" at me, lol.

One of the Explosive Detection Dogs in Afghanistan was a Black Lab and his favorite bone to chew on was the Human Radial still inside of a live body... :CWL:
Sponsored

auxSwitch

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubi, FZ6
Vehicle Showcase
weekend report: brought 50 radiators broken down into copper pipe and alumin(i)um fins to scrap yard.
Return: 1/2 the cost of improvements made to the trailer in order to bring the said 50 radiators to the scrap yard.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1598875676421

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1598875761232

PS: sometimes thinking "eh, i know i'm not going to be using it in the rain, but I think I'll put a sealer on anyways" pays off.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
weekend report: brought 50 radiators broken down into copper pipe and alumin(i)um fins to scrap yard.
Return: 1/2 the cost of improvements made to the trailer in order to bring said 50 radiators to the scrapyard.

PS: sometimes thinking "eh, i know i'm not going to be using it in the rain, but I think I'll put a sealer on anyways" pays off.
Nice job on the upgrades.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Return: 1/2 the cost of improvements made to the trailer in order to bring the said 50 radiators to the scrap yard.

Noice!

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 0EEB9430-9947-413C-A491-8FA874DBD8A5

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 0EEB9430-9947-413C-A491-8FA874DBD8A5

Question from the peanut gallery. How/why is it you had 50 radiators?

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
First sell the Jeep, prices are good right now (done) then redecorate the house. Buy a narrow boat, rent the house out, move onto the boat and go exploring our canals for a few years. Maybe by October. Thatā€™s the plan.
Good plan?

Either way I've heard it's a great way to see the country, but you have to know a lot about the rules and what not...

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
One of the downsides to getting an uncommon tire... having to wait several days for a replacement. But today I'll be getting the flat replaced.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Morning crew!

I'll work through what I missed. John, new adventures ahead!
Good plan?

Either way I've heard it's a great way to see the country, but you have to know a lot about the rules and what not...
Hi Gary, yes there are rules/regulations to know about and follow but theyā€™re mostly common sense and for the good of the community. The Canal and River Trust (CaRT) which is a government, not for profit, quango is responsible for running/maintaining/regulating the canals and they get criticism from boaters ....mostly from people who want to break the rules. There is conflict over the requirements to keep moving if you donā€™t have a (paid for) home morning. The reality is you canā€™t really be in full time employment or have kids attending a school full time and meet the movement requirements. Some canals, particularly in central London are overpopulated with folks trying to bend the rules. CaRT employ spotters to walk the canals logging boatsā€™ registration numbers so offenders do get caught and ultimately can have their licence
cancelled.

auxSwitch

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubi, FZ6
Vehicle Showcase
Question from the peanut gallery. How/why is it you had 50 radiators?
We had central air installed last year, so i finally got to removing radiators from every room plus some of the exposed piping in the basement (there is probably another 20 ft of piping above sheetrock in the garage, but I'm not dealing with it). Now onto patching the walls and repainting. every room except for the kitchen.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
In reference to the picture of the incident. I don't think I've ever seen a canal that was 100% watertight personally. I haven't been around a lot but some water leaking through didn't strike me as unusual.
Soo locks didn't leak that I recall. But that was a few years ago.
Sponsored