Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Im not buying an exhaust for my next JL unless there is a kit and ecu flash to do a true dual set up.
I just bought someone's stock muffler for when mine is no longer serviceable. :dunno:

Quiet is good. I might change my mind if a V8 happens to be slipped under the hood.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Im not buying an exhaust for my next JL unless there is a kit and ecu flash to do a true dual set up.
I just really hated the look of that huge stock muffler hanging under the bumper. It looks a lot cleaner now that it's out of there...

Before and after:

IMG_2191.JPG
IMG_2189.JPG

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I just really hated the look of that huge stock muffler hanging under the bumper. It looks a lot cleaner now that it's out of there...

Before and after:

IMG_2191.JPG
IMG_2189.JPG
I agree, the one you've got really cleans up the undercarriage.

Sponsored

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
I just bought someone's stock muffler for when mine is no longer serviceable. :dunno:

Quiet is good. I might change my mind if a V8 happens to be slipped under the hood.
I dont want loud, I just want that true sound.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think that's one of the brand mom's work carries. Can't swear to it though.
They're good. They're the ones contracted for the Marine Corps. They last a while in pretty rough conditions.

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
You have the right idea, but how do you refresh those stores you have in barrels?
I'm not sure I understand your question. So. Cal's water all comes from other places (No. Cal. and the Colorado river) so the barrels are about a short-term water solution should the delivery system break down. The answer is, you don't refresh it probably. You get the fuk out of dodge if, by the time you run out, the delivery system isn't functioning again.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I dont want loud, I just want that true sound.
Agreed. It needs a good rumble but not too loud. I liked the stock exhaust on my Ram 1500. My Dakota on the other hand had a Flowmaster system that was too loud, droned at 65 Mph and sounded almost like a fart cannon in certain RPM ranges. The only time I liked the exhaust sound was at idle. I replaced that one with a Gibson and it was nice and rumbly throughout the RPM range and was a little bit quieter, even though it was just a resonator. People thought my v-6 was a v-8! :rock:

I fear the DOHC setup of the 3.6 wouldn't be able to replicate that sound though. It does sound pretty sweet under load in the 3-4K RPM range though.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

I used to have a video of Veronica firing up in the garage but I guess I tossed it. I'll have to make another one for ya when she's finally outta her winter blanket.

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
Agreed. It needs a good rumble but not too loud. I liked the stock exhaust on my Ram 1500. My Dakota on the other hand had a Flowmaster system that was too loud, droned at 65 Mph and sounded almost like a fart cannon in certain RPM ranges. The only time I liked the exhaust sound was at idle. I replaced that one with a Gibson and it was nice and rumbly throughout the RPM range and was a little bit quieter, even though it was just a resonator. People thought my v-6 was a v-8! :rock:

I fear the DOHC setup of the 3.6 wouldn't be able to replicate that sound though. It does sound pretty sweet under load in the 3-4K RPM range though.
Yes I loved my CAI and I want that growl coming from the exhaust too. First mod for my next JL 3.6 will be another AFE air intake :rock:
Sponsored