Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
So Skull and Bones isn't on gamepass, but Sea of Thieves is... Guess I'll check that one out.
SoT is fun with a group, but I always found playing on my own less fun. Its very much one of those you get out what you put in. If you want to sail around and dig up treasure its a TON of fun just gotta watch out for asshole players that just want to ruin your fun. There apparently is already (or will be soon) some PvE only servers that give out a fraction of the rewards.

But that all said a 4 person Brig is a TON of fun.
Sponsored

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
‘Morning, Everyone…

Relaxing for a few minutes, then it’s time to finish packing (I.e. grab chargers, cords, and final once-over of the luggage), then off to the airport and Portland, OR.

Have to remember to ‘Keep It Weird’ while I’m there, lol.

Cheers,
-CM-

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1708360038714

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
If it has an actual story then Its already very different from World of Warships, lol.

The review I clicked on was not a good one though, dude really hated it. I generally take bad reviews with a grain of salt though, so I might still check it out.
On the PS5, I was able to play as a trial for 8 hours (and it kept my progress when I bought the full version). So give that a shot first.

The short version is...open world with a main story line and side quests very similar to Assassin's Creed and Oblivion. You collect resources and money to build ships and stuff to go in them to improve them. You can join with others and work together, or you can fight others (I'm pretty sure anyway).

The story so far isn't bad. It's not The Last of Us good, but it's keeping me interested (plunder, smuggle, espionage, etc.). I played Oblivion to death, completing all of the different story arches, and loved it (and have considered playing it again with a different character type). I gave up on the original Assassin's Creed because it just ended up feeling very repetitive and got boring. I'm not sure which will end up happening here.

One word of warning. If you have a tendency toward motion sickness, do NOT use the helm view out in the open seas during a storm on a big screen TV. Just don't.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
‘Morning, Everyone…

Relaxing for a few minutes, then it’s time to finish packing (I.e. grab chargers, cords, and final once-over of the luggage), then off to the airport and Portland, OR.

Have to remember to ‘Keep It Weird’ while I’m there, lol.

Cheers,
-CM-

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1708360038714
So Commander Midnight... If I were to, perchance, get one of these Small Coast Guard Cutter sized yachts would you be willing to be the Captain? I can always get a 57mm to put on the fo'c'sle so you can feel at home. :giggle:

Honestly this video popped up on my feed over the weekend and while I love it, I doubt I'd be able to run it all by myself and I'd need a crew. lol.

Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
My favorite is when they spec something so oddly specific that it just doesn't exist in reality.

Like nobody makes a Cast Iron Junction box with a hinged lid in that size bro....
For me, it's dealing with people who don't understand limited computing resources.

They want these big math algorithms running on single core processors with limited memory. We have to run those because modern processors aren't radiation hardened. So they want to cram 10 pounds of crap into a 5 pound bag.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me, it's dealing with people who don't understand limited computing resources.

They want these big math algorithms running on single core processors with limited memory. We have to run those because modern processors aren't radiation hardened. So they want to cram 10 pounds of crap into a 5 pound bag.
But just put another CPU in there so it can do twice as much work

howsthewhiskey

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Clubs

Over a Month fighting on an Island only 5 1/2 miles long with tens of thousands of casualties on both sides...

Mind boggling.
I had to "love" this post for the remembrance. I had a great uncle that managed to survive the landing. I've only ever heard his stories through my cousin.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
But just put another CPU in there so it can do twice as much work
This is for a satellite. All resources are limited. Another processor would reqire bigger solar panels and a bigger battery, neither of which we have room for. It's also possible that there isn't anywhere to put the new box. We can't make the satellite bigger. It won't fit in the faring for launch.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is for a satellite. All resources are limited. Another processor would reqire bigger solar panels and a bigger battery, neither of which we have room for. It's also possible that there isn't anywhere to put the new box. We can't make the satellite bigger. It won't fit in the faring for launch.
Pffttt Elon could make it work

All these parts are sarcasm incarnate clearly not meant to be taken seriously.

Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Pffttt Elon could make it work

All these parts are sarcasm incarnate clearly not meant to be taken seriously.
Elon would make someone else make it work. 90 hrs a week until it was soved.

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
So Commander Midnight... If I were to, perchance, get one of these Small Coast Guard Cutter sized yachts would you be willing to be the Captain? I can always get a 57mm to put on the fo'c'sle so you can feel at home. :giggle:

Honestly this video popped up on my feed over the weekend and while I love it, I doubt I'd be able to run it all by myself and I'd need a crew. lol.
Yes, something that big you’d need a few crew to run properly, plus one or two onshore to really maintain it.

As long as you pay the bills, I’ll be the CO. Deal?

And we’d have to stay in the Pacific. :like:

Cheers,
-CM-

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't throw any punches. I just broke his wrist. The little 4.5ft tall store employee chick, was the real hero. She tackled the other person involved, and pinned her. Solid move.
Have you gone back to give tiny Terry Tate her reward?

howsthewhiskey

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Clubs

Screw shocks, I want this for us.
Sponsored