Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
I'm thinking my clunk is one of the following:

tie rod slap
control arm attachment point slop
drive train slop (for lack of the proper term)

It only happens when I go from forward to reverse, and vice versa, or when I come to a stop and then re-accellerate from a stop. I hope to figure it out before I die.
Have you checked the u joints (or whatever you have at the ends of your driveshaft)? It's the only place I've heard that type of noise.

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I do build and pricing quite a lot. I'm just blown away by how expensive some of the options are getting now. LED lights are almost double what they were when I got my 2018. I'm probably going to stick with this Jeep for a while now.
Mornin Sean. You know, I do the build and price kinda regularly as well. It’s almost like prices go up every time. It wasn’t too long ago, it seems, that I could build a JT Willy’s and only be a couple grand difference in my trade. If I built same as I have now, Rubicon, it was considerably more, but that could be expected. But now, there’s almost nothing I could build without owing 8-10 grand more than what my trade is worth. So like you, I’ll just stick with what I got. Nothing wrong with my JT, but I just like to look. Never know!
i've been on the jeep build site as well. not replace my jl, but looking into a 2nd jl or jlu. i've even looked at the jt as well. still looking at a sport with very few options.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I got mine the other week, and I don't even have it anymore. Never did have death wobble issues either.
yeah, i finally got mine. i've had a few death wobbles. i'm going to look into replace a few things vs dealing with the dealership.
Sponsored