Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
That first one was solved in less time than I would take just to pick it up....
I remember when those first came out. I learned a system to solve it. I got down under a minute reliably. I think my personal best was around 30 seconds.

I doubt I could solve one these days. It's a perishable skill.

Over the years I got a 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 cube. I learned to solve those. But again, it's been long enough that I don't remember how.
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
After abusing the shit out of the card, the damage stands at:

JKS 3" lift
Fox ATS stabilizer
Teraflex Progressive Bumpstops
Teraflex Front Trackbar Bracket
Mopar Left/Right Steel Knuckles
Dynatrac Ball Joints
Teraflex Adjustable Tire Carrier

Wheels and tires to come in the new year, and then the Jeep should be well on its way.
The Reid knuckles appear to be cheaper, why the Mopar?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I was not so lucky yesterday. Pulled the scooter out of the barn so I could do some cleaning. Crashed the scooter in the grass going about 10 or so mph. Touched the front brake and washed the front end out. Body slammed me to the ground breaking my collar bone on my right side. It feels like I was slammed by a big time wrestler.

Looks. like my wife will do all the driving this weekend for our winter wheeling trip. There is about 30 of us jeeping this weekend up in northern Michigan. No camping, we have rented cabins for this trip.

The stupid thing is I have 200,000+ miles on motorcycles and have never even dropped one and this dam thing kicked my ass.

1669907482933.png

Fuck. 4 to 6 weeks to heal. Leaving for 4 or 5 months of wheeling and hiking in the southwest in 4 weeks. Look like a bunch of stuff I wanted done before we leave will have to wait until May or June.
Damn dude, sorry to hear. That's crazy. đź‘Ž

Hope you heal faster than that.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I remember when those first came out. I learned a system to solve it. I got down under a minute reliably. I think my personal best was around 30 seconds.

I doubt I could solve one these days. It's a perishable skill.

Over the years I got a 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 cube. I learned to solve those. But again, it's been long enough that I don't remember how.
I never could reliably solve the classic 3x3x3, but two of my nephews can readily do the big ones. I remember Zach was working on a 7x7x7 a few years ago around Christmas time.

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
So to summarize...
  • There's only one IVR vendor/system in the world and you work on that one and only system?
  • Every company on the planet that wants an IVR system uses that one and only IVR system you work on?
  • No IT powerhouses like AWS have or are working on advanced IVR systems with AI in the mix?
  • There's definitly no IVR system in the world that integrates some form of AI in it? (google says otherwise)
jon-hamm-ok.gif
Obviously there's more than one, but they all pretty much use variations of the same tech. Mostly it's just how well they've implemented it in their various products. Zoom, Cisco, BroadSoft, etc are pretty much all just different flavors of the same stuff for on-prem solutions. For the cloud stuff, the "conversational AI" still comes in after the lookup library has run and is more about assessing accuracy of the result than it is actually interpreting the spoken word. It's not quite used in the way most think, the AI doesn't actually interpret or route, it just tries to help make sure it's an accurate interpretation.

I work on-prem, but thankfully not the contact center solutions directly (we work with them heavily, but they're a sister team and I don't envy them - our on-prem contact center solutions are either running on Windows Server for the large enterprise software or are running on a side branch of the product I do work on, which is thankfully a Linux appliance, but it's also kind of the bastard child of the Linux appliance I work on). Our sister teams on the cloud side are really just supporting heavily modified versions of the on-prem products that are cloud hosted.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
The Reid knuckles appear to be cheaper, why the Mopar?
I don't like the one size fits all steering stops on the Reids, and I'm lazier than to drill and tap the knuckles. And, while I believe Reid's Racing to be a high quality manufacturer, I trust the Mopar knuckles the most to have the least chance of any issues with a mishmash of components from various companies.

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
My wife & I had dinner at "forgetables" aka Chilis, don't know why we go back there. At least the Modelo draft was decent but wtf are they doing w/ chicken over there??? The chicken tenders were anything but, just a little chicken bit coated w/ tons of fried breading, pretty gross tbh. Going to have to think up something on the fly to fill me up as I only nibbled on that, maybe just more beer.
Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
i've been hearing a lot of that the bfg are bad on wet roads. i can't recall that when my brother had them on is jeep.
My opinion has flipped 180 on KO2s. My current set grips very well in wet and wet snow. The last few sets, not at all. Hydroplaning is another equation. 35-12.5 are gonna hydroplane. But not bad in my recent experience.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Theoretical question. What's the possibility of, or probable difficulty of adding adaptive cruise to a jlu that doesn't have it???
2 chances, but Slim ain't been seen for a while...

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Obviously there's more than one, but they all pretty much use variations of the same tech. Mostly it's just how well they've implemented it in their various products. Zoom, Cisco, BroadSoft, etc are pretty much all just different flavors of the same stuff for on-prem solutions. For the cloud stuff, the "conversational AI" still comes in after the lookup library has run and is more about assessing accuracy of the result than it is actually interpreting the spoken word. It's not quite used in the way most think, the AI doesn't actually interpret or route, it just tries to help make sure it's an accurate interpretation.

I work on-prem, but thankfully not the contact center solutions directly (we work with them heavily, but they're a sister team and I don't envy them - our on-prem contact center solutions are either running on Windows Server for the large enterprise software or are running on a side branch of the product I do work on, which is thankfully a Linux appliance, but it's also kind of the bastard child of the Linux appliance I work on). Our sister teams on the cloud side are really just supporting heavily modified versions of the on-prem products that are cloud hosted.
Well, getting back to my original assertion, I've not encounted an IVR system that's worth a damn. But what's worse is companies are using them to cut costs obviously, aka they don't want you talking to a real human bean if they help it. But, at least in my case, in almost all circumstances, I've only resorted to calling that company because the problem I'm calling about wasn't solvable by/on their web site, or any other "automated" process. So I (and probably most folks) are already in a unique and frustrating set of circumstances and the last thing we want to deal with is an automated phone system that's only going to offer all the same solutions that the online servies offered. Account balances, recent payments, shipping/tracking information etc.

It used to be that with Amazon there was the "call me" button and you'd get an immediate call from a live human bean. Now, once you've navigated through a bunch of levels of web-based automated responses and get to the "call me" button (if you're lucky enough to find it,) you are immediately presented with an automated system that wants to challenge you a few times before connecting you to a real person. It's all very clunky, unhelpful and frustrating, and only makes for very a poor customer service experience. Those systems are about cost savings for the company, not improving your customer serivce experience, is my point.

It won't be until they have better AI-based systems that can solve a real/un-canned problem that they'll be of any value to the consumer.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Representative!
Sponsored