Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
i hear you. and agree on improving uniform tech. to make the wearers comfortable. i believe the postal service have been looking into different styles of uniform to make it work for us carriers to be able to work more efficiently. idk what the current status of that. but i'll continue wearing the current uniforms that we have now. ironically, the new postmaster we have now made a comment to all the carriers that are not wearing the uniform to start wearing them. its part of the job.
Maybe they are trying to make some improvements, but regarding req'd footwear the USPS is pretty sad TBH. The shoes that we're required to use are priced 4x as much as they should be, are heavy as frankenboots, soles wear fast, and only one shoe over all my years was what I would call "comfortable". The shoe that I could actually wear without pain when walking my relays was the basic New Balance, and of course this was discontinued a couple years ago. I end up buying my own Fila work shoes since they have skid resistant soles and are 10x more comfortable and last longer than postal offerings. I can get those Fila shoes at Famous Footwear for about $55, vs using my unform money and get crappy, painful, quick wearing shoes for about $170, pretty sad really :(
Sponsored

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Today I will hold my tongue of sarcasm, no nasty needless words thrown around..
I will just remind you that being a cop is a way of life and the majority of them of good human beings.
LIke my best friend here Kent Mundel, we grew up together, I was the best man at his wedding, and I was one of his Pallbearers, his funeral filled the Tacoma Dome like a rock star.

https://komonews.com/news/local/community-honors-pierce-county-deputy-kent-mundell-killed-decade-ago
Just know that my post is not about the negativity that has been attached to Law Enforcement in general. Being an officer comes with a lot of danger and they deserve way more respect than they get. As a shift commander at Correctional facilities for 20+ years; I have seen employees put their life on the line many times to save even the worse of society. I had employees that grew up under my supervision. Meaning I hired them in their early twenties, watched their kids grow up and go to college and them age into their forties before I retired. Nothing is like calling a wife or a husband and saying, go to the local ER, the love of your life is being taken by ambulance to the hospital.

I have made many of these call over the years. Corrections also has a high suicide rate. Even though we get suicide training every year, I know seven employees that have taken their life. Just know that I can relate, and I could type pages and pages about the strain and danger of dealing with the low life of society. We have many friends that are law enforcement officers too and as we and they always say, TV does not portray the well. The public has a false image of their profession.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Get caught, go to jail.

Depending on your state, or arresting officer, it could be Federal Pound Me In the Ass Prison.

You better have a stamp for that adapter. Give it a serial number and put it in the matrix.
I don't have one. Just saying that it is an option. I find no reason to have a can. I live in the country and shoot off my deck. Have steel plates out in the field.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I'm going it get it in writing about what will and won't void my warranty, I'm not looking to get played or told after the fact "oops, you didn't do x,y,z and now you're SOL".

Interesting enough, when I asked what kind of lift I could or couldn't get, he said that they didn't use the mopar lift, but one that was "comparable". It was BGS I think? Or BG-something or another? It wasn't one that I had heard of tbh. Apparently there had been a customer he had dealt with perviously that had wanted their 1ton lifted (someone apparently isn't flexing enough... 🙄🙄) and they had done it in-house, and the guy got to keep his warranty. I'm trying to get the exact details, and find out more but from what I've heard, it's a shop to shop thing about honouring the warranty after any mods that affect suspension or drivetrain have been done.

If it turns out that "accredited shop" means a dealer shop, I'll probably pass on getting a lift in the near future. If the term applies to a certified and respected mechanical shop in town, then there's a much higher chance I'll get a lift in the next year or two.

Edit, it was a BDS lift kit.... Still never heard of it I don't think...
My two cents..... about lift and a warranty. When you put a lift on, I just means that the dealership and the manufacturer will not warranty the suspension anymore. That is really not that big of a deal. It is not like the suspension is vey likely to fail. A lift kit is pretty basic, bigger springs and longer shocks. Of course, I am not talking about $8000+ lift kits, I am talking about the basic lift kits. The parts are just something that typically are pretty basic and typically have zero issues. Many of the lift kits come with some type of Warranty too. To hurt a lift kit, you pretty much have to be abusing the crap out of it. Then it would not typically be covered under any warranty anyways.

Sponsored

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
I'm going it get it in writing about what will and won't void my warranty, I'm not looking to get played or told after the fact "oops, you didn't do x,y,z and now you're SOL".

Interesting enough, when I asked what kind of lift I could or couldn't get, he said that they didn't use the mopar lift, but one that was "comparable". It was BGS I think? Or BG-something or another? It wasn't one that I had heard of tbh. Apparently there had been a customer he had dealt with perviously that had wanted their 1ton lifted (someone apparently isn't flexing enough... 🙄🙄) and they had done it in-house, and the guy got to keep his warranty. I'm trying to get the exact details, and find out more but from what I've heard, it's a shop to shop thing about honouring the warranty after any mods that affect suspension or drivetrain have been done.

If it turns out that "accredited shop" means a dealer shop, I'll probably pass on getting a lift in the near future. If the term applies to a certified and respected mechanical shop in town, then there's a much higher chance I'll get a lift in the next year or two.

Edit, it was a BDS lift kit.... Still never heard of it I don't think...
You need to lower, not lift anyway. Who wouldn't want a slammed Reign?

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1664622333079

Hope that answered all your questions :giggle:

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
I don't have one. Just saying that it is an option. I find no reason to have a can. I live in the country and shoot off my deck. Have steel plates out in the field.
I was only being critical of the guy who made the video. I was using "you", generally. Sorry for that. He should have mentioned the consequences at the beginning. I skimmed through the video so maybe he had at some point.

(There's also a nice fuel filter at NAPA that is apparently better and more conveniently shaped)
Sponsored