Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
It was $160 before taxes for 4 hours. I was nowhere near the 4. Oh well.
Seems like $160 well spent to me! I woulda spent $40 on Home Depot "parking lot attendants" ;)
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I later got this answer when I asked for clarification on a) who exactly is an "accredited shop" and b) do I have a choice in different lift kits, or do I have to go with what they use (If I decide to even let them put their grubby hands on Beebe), which is BDS (still never heard of it). I got the following answer not too long ago. 😐
kind of a vague answer. not one word about mopar lift which is a approved dealer installed product that would be covered under warranty. bds is not affiliated with jeep. also the answer "lift company has their own warranty" is raising a red flag.

i have a feeling that the dealership will use a local shop that installs lifts, etc. on a vehicle. then the dealership will put a insane markup on the price and sell it as a "custom vehicle". right there, the dealership will determine whats covered or not for warranty. usually its not covered.

the dealerships by me will do that. example: i looked at a ford f-350 crew cab short bed truck, that had add ons that was done outside the dealership. lift, tires, bumpers, lights. the dealership slapped on a $25k markup on top of a $75k msrp. i found out that the dealership can refuse any warranty word due to the custom work that was done to it.

heres my feeling about this. its a mopar lift and the dealer installs it = warranty coverage. anything else, your skating on thin ice. just dont want to see you get burned on lack of miss info.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Got a chuckle when I saw this - I dug all mine by hand during the summer (glutton for punishment and only 30 years old at the time) when we lived in the high desert up by Edwards AFB, nothing but caliche (they land airplanes and space craft on it so not soft).

Two guys who lived up the street saw me and stopped by for tips on installing a irrigation system - told them whatever you do save killing yourselves and rent a ditch witch. They did - two days later job was half dug but ditch witch was gone, when I asked what happen they said even with the ditch witch it was to hard and they had a professional coming by to install:).
Worked construction one summer in Tucson. We were trenching for footings with a Ditch Witch, got caliche. Had to bring a jackhammer.

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) FB_IMG_1664590284797

Sponsored

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
I have the Falcon 3.2s. Yes, I'm a cheapo and didnt get the 3.3s with the adjuster knobs for an extra $500.
I spun the shocks for a softer ride since the weather was getting colder and may be done wheeling for the year. It took me about 30mins. for all four.
I think I'm okay spinning them. LOL
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) FB_IMG_1664590284797
That's a sweet mud and rock collector you've installed.
It would be a shame if the piston got scored.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
A bit of Glenlivet, a campfire, and this sky. Not a bad night. I think once the fire goes out I'll climb in the teardrop and test the Fire Stick on the TV. Washington vs. UVLA is starting soon.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1664591578602

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
House #2 in Savannah got nothing overnight. I could have farted on a bush and stirred up more leaves. I don't think we got a drop of rain either.

The MIL had been watching the news and weather for three days before I got here and was convinced we were going to get hammered. I'll admit that at times things could have gone pear shaped, but I was prepared.

I understand that she lives here for free and also that she has every right to be worried, but this isn't my first time around the block with a hurricane.

I have to keep our house in Massachusetts ready for anything, and her's within a 4 to 6 month maintenance cycle when we come down.

She's not the best tenant.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
alright jeepers. catch you all tomorrow.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1664592359860

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I got some stickers that just happened to also come with a new jointer head.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 5DA35028-7CF2-4397-933C-EFCFE89EAE8E_1_201_a

Sponsored

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Worked construction one summer in Tucson. We were trenching for footings with a Ditch Witch, got caliche. Had to bring a jackhammer.
Caliche sounds like something you might need to get a shot for from the doctor. 😆

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I have the Falcon 3.2s. Yes, I'm a cheapo and didnt get the 3.3s with the adjuster knobs for an extra $500.
I spun the shocks for a softer ride since the weather was getting colder and may be done wheeling for the year. It took me about 30mins. for all four.
I think I'm okay spinning them. LOL
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 5DA35028-7CF2-4397-933C-EFCFE89EAE8E_1_201_a
I bought a set of 3.3’s, used because I’m a cheap bastard too, they are great! Easy to adjust, no messing with tiny screws with vague detents. I liked them so much I bought another set for my sons Jeep. They were 3.1’s but I bought the adjusters and installed them. The hardest part was refilling them with nitrogen. I couldn’t find anyone here in town to do it so I just said fuck it and rented a cylinder and bought a regulator off Amazon and did it myself.

I need to find a stock ride height set for the Boss’s Jeep. Did I mention I like them? A lot?

Buy the adjusters, they are worth it.

Gregj

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
heres my feeling about this. its a mopar lift and the dealer installs it = warranty coverage. anything else, your skating on thin ice. just dont want to see you get burned on lack of miss info.
Oh for sure, I am going to get it in writing about my factory warrenty being covered if I want a lift afterwards. I was also sketched out about the answer I got. Though the guy I was given at the dealership is a Jr salesman and couldn't tell you the difference between a Rubicon and a Sahara. 🤦🏽‍♀️

So I'll have to go in and ask that question again to someone who actually knows their ass from their face...,😒😒

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey