That might get you back in prison, but on the other side of the bars....I like speed. 202 mph via gps on a zx-14 with nitro on it. Motorcycle are limited from the factory to 186, but they can be flashed to get rid of the hard top end limiter.
Fastest in a car was 178 mph. Wonder where my Camaro SS top speed is at? Got me thinking....
Morning all!!! A beautiful morning here.
The grass puppies (as Monica's daughter-in-law calls them) are relaxing my the pond.
The sound of roosters crowing in the distance. Crows and other birds squawking and chirping.
Sitting on the front porch with my coffee and dog. Gotta love the country life!!!
An engineer will climb over a thousand virgins to fuck a mechanic.For those that are considering the Genesis Dual Battery system, I did the install this AM and here are my thoughts ... sorry for being a little long winded
Be warned they package every thing in those styrofoam peanuts which make a mess
To get everything out with the exception for the old battery tray took a little under 30 minutes. Quick and easy, just watch the video.
Getting the old battery tray out is a PITA. You will cuss and wish harm on the engineer and the next 3 generations of his family for designing it. But if you have your Johnson hanging on the left side and turn your foot just right it will come out. It could take you 10 seconds or 10 minutes to get this thing out.
Sorting and routing the wires is essential so just take your time and you will be good. Make sure you have them roughly routed before you put the new tray in. In the video he talks about the alternator to fuse box wire and to pull it under. You can but before you put the batteries in, be sure to pull that wire up and wire tie or tape it to some other wires to prevent it potentially contacting the exhaust manifold (this is also in one of the comments on the video).
Install was pretty straight forward and not rushing putting everything back together is a little over an hour (some of this was due to my battery choice, see below)
Getting the fuse and relay box out and back in was really not an issue.
Batteries - This system takes Group 25 batteries and I would only use AGMs.
Looking online at the various Group 25 batteries, there are some variations in height. I looked at the specs for the Group 25 batteries on the Genesis site and tried to match them as close as possible.
The height is important as the Genesis system itself acts as the battery hold down and is designed in conjunction with the their battery tray.
They state that the battery tray and hold down will work with any Group 25 battery but if you spend some time reviewing comments you realize this is not exactly the case or you may need to do some shade tree engineering for the batteries to set in securely.
Group 25 AGMs are not that easy to find locally (at least for me but flooded cell ones were everywhere). I got mine from NAPA. They were $179 each and if you have AAA you get a discount on that as well. (770 cranking amp /625 cold cranking amp / 95 min reserve so they are pretty good)
If you use this battery it may be a dual post (mine were but their website shows top posts .. go figure) The side post mounts have a heavy plastic cap on them so I was not really concerned. However on install there is a potential contact spot on the front battery to the new metal tray (unlikely that this will ever wear thru and create a short but I am a little over-cautious).
I 3M taped a piece of horse hide (you could use a piece of plastic) as a secondary precaution onto the area of the tray. If you get top post only you will not have this issue.
This battery also comes with a removable plastic spacer on top (as mentioned there seems to be a lot of height variations with Group 25 batteries). You will need to take a pair of snips and cut the spacer away a little around the top terminal areas for clearance for the Genesis connectors. However, leave as much of the spacer in tack as possible as this sets the battery height perfectly for the hold down. The batteries are not going to move
Once everything is in, just take a few checks to make sure everything is tight and there are no areas of potential wires rubbing etc. and you are good.
I am happy with the outcome and it is nice to know that I always have an on-board jump start battery if I ever need one and will never have to worry about any of the issues caused by that little bitch aux battery again.
My all in was a little under $1000 for this, but since I needed new batteries anyway it was basically a $600 upgrade from the old system
They're always good to put around for display, especially the nice ones - oh, that's right you're supposed to use them instead of trying to push or pull that last piece of board through. My industrial arts teacher kept have to remind me. Then I got a BS in Industrial Arts Education and still used the finger push/pull method, I'm am a walking non-safety poster. Still working with all my fingers.In between gluing, cutting, and oiling boards, I managed to make a couple more "push sticks". The two on the left are new.