Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen a Reel to Reel in real life before. Pretty much everyone I knew had records and cassettes before CDs. Grandma still had an 8 track but never listened to it.
Dad had a reel to reel and loved it. His stereo didn't survive my high school days though. 😇

I soon replaced it with Adcom components, Paradigm speakers, and lots of isolators and line conditioners... and spent a bit more than I should have on a lawn mower's budget. 😂
Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
By the way, the last of the rosemary plants did not go down without a fight, but I won the war.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) A7A9D8EC-DBC0-4AB9-A0B5-335AF1E24F8A

All lined up for chipping. DIE YOU BASTICHES, DIE!
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 16023FC8-BDC7-4FAA-BF5F-EC632C4FF08C_1_102_o

JeepAtLast

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 64 FI Vette
Occupation
Service Writer
I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen a Reel to Reel in real life before. Pretty much everyone I knew had records and cassettes before CDs. Grandma still had an 8 track but never listened to it.
I'm waiting for my Dad's old Teac Reel to Reel and Sansui speakers he got while he was in the Air Force before I was born. I used to tape the Midnight Special shows with it.

Sponsored

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I upgraded a couple years ago for the same reason, sound system features keep changing. Plus I wanted a receiver that handled 4k native. I want from one Yamaha to another one. I still have my Paradigm speakers from 2006. I've had to re-foam the two surround speakers and the sub. The front towers and the center speaker are still cranking.
I have taken all of my old stereo equip to the garage and crank it when i wrench. Even got a sub, TV and mini computer all connected. Pretty sweet setup.
Now all i need is a toilet out there.......hmmmmm

JeepAtLast

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 64 FI Vette
Occupation
Service Writer
By the way, the last of the rosemary plants did not go down without a fight, but I won the war.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 16023FC8-BDC7-4FAA-BF5F-EC632C4FF08C_1_102_o

All lined up for chipping. DIE YOU BASTICHES, DIE!
Whoa! A shape changing chipper that turns into a BBQ, now that is amazing!

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I have taken all of my old stereo equip to the garage and crank it when i wrench. Even got a sub, TV and mini computer all connected. Pretty sweet setup.
Now all i need is a toilet out there.......hmmmmm
My previous receiver is in the workshop along with a pair of "outdoor" speakers. Good enough for tunes when the machines aren't screaming.

Sponsored

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
I had a buddy whose dad had a nice sounding marantz setup with reel-reel. We only dorked with the turntable in my recollection, tho - which was enough under the threat of death if anything happened to it for us. I can still hear Styx Equinox album on that thing to this day

.... hunting for the CD now as I have a hankering for some Suite Madam Blue and perhaps a Born for Adventure episode.

Last edited:

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
Wow that is too new with it's digital interfaces, Sweet Looking, meant to be in a Rack.
late 70s early 80s, the screens color consisted of shades of blue only.
Sponsored