Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

HDinkH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2.0
I know it seems like my answer is always "Come down here to Winston," but I guess thats the benefit of where you are. Small town feel, but close enough to bigger cities you don't have to deal with the drawbacks.
Yup, thinkin' that's what I need to do.
Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I remember doing this in several cars in my teenage years, the most fun was coming into an icy parking lot hot and spinning the entire length. This was in my grandfather's 1973 Cadillac Calais 2dr I was given when he passed, don't remember if it had the 472 or the 500 engine but it was fun. You could watch the gas gauge drop on the highway. Had over 200,000 miles on it and would still smoke a tire.

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Is that as in "no electricity"? Does that happen often?
Yes, it was the electricity that went out. Still had water and gas, but no back up juice to turn the furnace on. I'll be looking into that now. :CWL:

AND my UPS battery has long since needed to be replaced. Guess it's time for that too.

Oh and the network gear will need battery backup... Hmm...

Yep, it's going to be spendy round here.

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
They don't let you turn all that off?
Not all of it.
I went into manual mode and turned of traction control. Still couldn't throw it into a slide/skid and the f'ing ABS kicks on all the time. Soccer moms, idiots, and lawsuits ruined what could have been a fun vehicle.

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'm glad to see we all learned to drive in icy conditions in a parking lot, and not out on highways... :CWL:

Also hating the nanny crap in newer cars, but happy that the Jeep seems to let you shut them off. At least I can still learn to drive in it.

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Once upon a winter, when I first got my 97 zj. The front driveshaft was out of it, and it was the first snow since I had gotten that jeep.
I was cutting donuts in the parking lot of Meijer after work, look up when done, and realize there's a news van in the parking lot.
They were out reporting on road conditions, and all my family and coworkers saw my jeep in the background of the morning news.

Last edited:

SPRINKLES

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, 2001 TJ
I may or may not have done this with every vehicle I've owned, possibly for all the reasons listed above.

The most fun was my 87 Accord hatchback 5 speed, the least fun has been my current bitch-ass X5d with all of its nannyware.
Ha. I thought I was going to get fussed at by the neighbors for doing donuts on our land, thanks to a nice dew morning. 😎

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
it was the electricity that went out. Still had water and gas, but no back up juice to turn the furnace on. I'll be looking into that now.
When our power goes out we're left with gas only. Thank goodness it has only been out for an extended period of time once in the 17 years that we've lived here. We do have a generator but it hasn't cranked in a couple of years. I need to find someone that will come out and look at it. Thanks for the nudge.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Ha. I thought I was going to get fussed at by the neighbors for doing donuts on our land, thanks to a nice dew morning. 😎

Love the Trans Am! If I had not been deployed I would have bought one from one of the NCOs that was getting out. It was white, just like that. 350 V8 and a Six Speed!

The guy that did buy it beat it... and then he blew the engine on top of all of that.

Ns9wS2D.gif
Sponsored