Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
:fist bump:

I find the Jeep encourages a more relaxed drive. Not that it can't move when needed, but I just like relaxing and letting the others zip by in their hast to get to the light before me. 🤷‍♂️
That's the Hawaiian Driving Method/Tao, in a nutshell.

A.k.a. 'Hawaiian Time'... :like: 😎

Cheers,
-CM-
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
howdy all. Yes, I am still alive. I'm sure I've missed a couple thousand pages and no, I'm not going to go back through and read them. Still freakin busy at work and I don't feel like getting on the forum during the downtime.
The good news is that my granddaughter ended up getting her mom and dad to purchase a JL. Also my wife is thinking of ordering herself a JL.....so I got that going for me.
What? You mean you were living life?

:like: 🍻

Congrats on the Jeeping family! I'm slowly convincing the son in law that he needs a Jeep and not a truck.

"What are you hauling?? That little boat? I can do that with my two door!" :CWL::jk:

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
What? You mean you were living life?

:like: 🍻

Congrats on the Jeeping family! I'm slowly convincing the son in law that he needs a Jeep and not a truck.

"What are you hauling?? That little boat? I can do that with my two door!" :CWL::jk:
was trying to live life as best as I could. We had a bad ending to the year, well bad year period. lost my mom in June (I was still active in the forum back then). My wife's mother passed late Oct and her older brother in Dec. CRAZY.

Another positive: My Bengals finally broke that damn Bo Jackson curse this past weekend. I can honestly say that was the most electrifying game I have been to in that damn stadium (season ticket holders since 2004). 🐅

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
was trying to live life as best as I could. We had a bad ending to the year, well bad year period. lost my mom in June (I was still active in the forum back then). My wife's mother passed late Oct and her older brother in Dec. CRAZY.

Another positive: My Bengals finally broke that damn Bo Jackson curse this past weekend. I can honestly say that was the most electrifying game I have been to in that damn stadium (season ticket holders since 2004). 🐅
Sorry for your loss. :crying:

I do hope 2022 treats you and your family much better. Best wishes man.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Sweet mother of all that is holy, this should be illegal. My wife and youngest were in Cleveland this past weekend for a volleyball tournament we've been to for many years with our middle one. I just saw the charge in our checking account from the hotel. I knew it was expensive (we've stayed there before), but it's the best option as once you get there, you don't have to leave, can walk to the tourney, etc. BUT $1000 for 1 adult, 1 kid for 2 nights???? IN CLEVELAND???

I texted my wife to double check her receipt to make sure that was correct. And while waiting on her reply, I went to said hotel's website and checked room rates for this Friday and Saturday night. The most expensive room, the Ambassador Suite, with taxes and fees was $800. The room they got last weekend was $500 this weekend. They doubled their rate for the volleyball tourney??? I mean, I would expect higher rates for a big event like that, but double??? That's just wrong.

Edit: She just got back to me.
The rate for the room was hiked a crazy amount, but not double. However, the valet parking (which you are required to use, no parking yourself) was $100, and they got food from the hotel store on a couple of occasions (not room service, but small snacks and drink and maybe a sandwich type of things). Still, we need to think about keeping her on regional club teams instead of nationals in the future. I have stuff I want to buy for my Jeep, after all.

Last edited:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
@Krondor . Gary did you climb any more mountains while I was away? I heard the Aspens were supposed to have been gorgeous this past autumn.
Not a lot of 14'ers though we plan to hit Pikes Peak early February for our annual Barr camp adventure. The plan is to hike up the back side to summit, and then back to camp for the night. The snow may be too deep again, but this time I'm bringing the snow shoes.

We did do a couple more through hikes

Early May - Week Long Hike in Utah with the boys!
June - Lost Creek Wilderness ~20 miles, but we didn't finish
September - Kings Peak Utah ~27 miles

I've been hiking more short bits with the wife and pup, mostly local and still finding new trails. Those have been more enjoyable in many ways, so I do plan to continue with more exploring as we can get out.

Autumn was amazing this year. Much better than 2020 where all the leaves just dropped.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) IMG_0082.JPEG

Even in the hood. It was nice.

I thought I took a lot more pictures from our hikes, but not finding anything spectacular. The aspens were great. I'll find some and post if I do. 🍻

Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
You are correct sir. The one million Arizonans that die each and every summer due to heat is way under reported in America.
It's all about elevation in the summer, lol!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct sir. The one million Arizonans that die each and every summer due to heat is way under reported in America.
Arizona population: 7,279,000

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) giphy (1)

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

Kevin, I hope you're going to have a better year for 2022. At the very least you have a potential Jeep convoy brewing.