Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
@Steveo and anyone else reading this post. its a good idea to have because you might not hear the water tank blown out. but should be able to hear the alarm going off. it'll save a lot of trouble in shutting the water off sooner than waking up in a $h*t ton of water flooding. been there. done that. dont wanna do it again.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20211129_193127[1]
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20211129_193227[1]

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Bluetooth hot water?
really. does everything have to be blue tooth capable. whats next blue tooth toilet so it can flush it self. :CWL:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
how long will it be before this breaks off. just saying.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1638235169889

Sponsored

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
really. does everything have to be blue tooth capable. whats next blue tooth toilet so it can flush it self. :CWL:
I was poking fun at the lack of piping connected to the water heater.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
@Steveo and anyone else reading this post. its a good idea to have because you might not hear the water tank blown out. but should be able to hear the alarm going off. it'll save a lot of trouble in shutting the water off sooner than waking up in a $h*t ton of water flooding. been there. done that. dont wanna do it again.

I have leak detectors that are part of my SmartThings system. I have several placed in areas of worry, including the utility room, under sinks, etc. It doesn't set off an audible alarm (though I'm sure I could set something up with the Google speakers), but I get a text notification letting me know one of the sensors (and which one) detects water. And all of the color light bulbs in the house turn on green.

When we first moved into this house almost a year and a half ago, the one at the basement floor drain in the laundry saved us a bunch of trouble.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I was poking fun at the lack of piping connected to the water heater.
i know. just good old fun in adding fuel to the fire. :CWL: :like:

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All right all you smart peeps. I just talked myself out of buying a Jackery solar panel that's on sale for cyber Monday for my 300 generator . The thought process was that the couple of camping trips with it so far, we were at spots where we drove around some (visiting relatives, going to the store for swim suits, picking up some bacon and brats, etc.) and I just plugged it into the Jeep during those trips to charge it up.

And I figure when we go camping where it's more out of the way and secluded, where we likely won't be driving anywhere, we'll be in the shade of trees and the solar panel won't work anyway.

Anybody have counter arguments to these such that I need to grab one while it's $90 off?

(I couldn't justify a panel or Jackery or even the fridge freezer. Just don't stay out camping that long.)
Ha, I stayed strong and did not purchase a solar panel. I ordered Oracle Sidetracks instead, at an even lower price than the panel.

(I may have a problem)

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I have leak detectors that are part of my SmartThings system. I have several placed in areas of worry, including the utility room, under sinks, etc. It doesn't set off an audible alarm (though I'm sure I could set something up with the Google speakers), but I get a text notification letting me know one of the sensors (and which one) detects water. And all of the color light bulbs in the house turn on green.

When we first moved into this house almost a year and a half ago, the one at the basement floor drain in the laundry saved us a bunch of trouble.
interesting setup. the problem with me is a. i dont really have the data minutes on the phone to do it. (i'm cheap and like things simple. (technology is great, but not crazy for them)) and b. the phone is not always on me to a. catch the text or b. hear it go off.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
@MrGneissGuy if theres a technology that can be connected to the main water pipe and automatically shuts off when it detect a problem. i'd look into it.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
interesting setup. the problem with me is a. i dont really have the data minutes on the phone to do it. (i'm cheap and like things simple. (technology is great, but not crazy for them)) and b. the phone is not always on me to a. catch the text or b. hear it go off.
No data, I have it send a text message. The SmartThings is on my home WiFi. And the chance of not having my phone on me is why all of the lights go green.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
hey @OilBurnerHoldOut i think i saw the same or similar bike that you have. sorry no pic since i saw it driving off.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
No data, I have it send a text message. The SmartThings is on my home WiFi. And the chance of not having my phone on me is why all of the lights go green.
cool. maybe it will be something to look at when i move out of here.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@MrGneissGuy if theres a technology that can be connected to the main water pipe and automatically shuts off when it detect a problem. i'd look into it.
They have that. Here's one.

And just one of the threads where folks in the SmartThings community are talking about different ones.

And you don't have to have the SmartThings ecosystem. There are plenty out there with different systems, and I believe just flat out WiFi.
Sponsored