Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
I keep getting calls and emails from Sunlight Financial wanting to remind me that I still haven't sent them my bank info for my solar project. Um, we haven't agreed on a "solar project" yet folks!
Tell them to stick the solar project where the sun don't shine!

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
After a busy morning, I did some lunch research and online ordering, and now think I'm having a good day.

At out house, Halloween is a pretty big deal. We have a chili cook-off, costume contest and ping pong tourney at work (it used to be kick ball, but we've had a few too many injuries). And at home, I always decorate the house and yard and wear a costume, mostly with a theme of some sort, and stay outside to pass out the candy to the trick or treaters. Some of the themes have been a mad scientist in my lab, man in black with a crashed UFO and alien autopsy table, Dr. Nefario (from the Despicable Me/Minions movies), and Dentist. I have smart spot lights aimed at the house that flash along with a thunderstorm soundtrack, etc. I thought I was a shoe-in as Fat Thor for the work costume contest two years ago, but lost to Mrs. Doubtfire. That was a tough loss.

Last year was the first in the new house, and I didn't have a theme, just put out all of the tombstones, gargoyles, spiders, etc. and tried out Atmos FX digital decorations, with ghosts at the windows, which looked great.

So I wanted to get back to a theme, and my daughters vetoed buying a ton of old creepy dolls from Goodwill and having them all over the yard, in the tress, etc. So I was leaning toward just doing a mad scientist lab again as I already have most everything for it and it would be new for this neighborhood. But I wanted a Tesla coil or Jacob's ladder to add to it. I couldn't really find anything that fit the bill for what I was imagining, so I got on the Atmos FX website to see if they had any mad scientist digital decorations that might work. They didn't, but they do have some T-Rex and Velociraptor stuff. And I know just where to hang the holoscreen outside for that.

After that, I spent some time on Amazon to order a Hawaiian shirt, glasses, member's only style jacket, raincoat, a can of Barbasol, and a few other things...so I'll be passing out candy as Dennis Nedry...
1631646340809.png

I wonder if I can get the Jeep into the front yard...
You have trick or treaters coming to your outhouse?

cosine

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Spam calls are pretty much why I never answer the phone unless I know the number.
same here. not in my contact list. i dont pick up.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I try to hold to that theory also...but there are times when you are waiting for a call back and you don't have the number saved...then you answer the call and DAMMIT!!!! Another spammer!!!!! And then you are tentative to answer the next call. HAHA
same here.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I didn't get my USPS informed delivery email today. :swear:

There might be something important in the mailbox and I'll never know. < takes a swing @cosine >
heres a strange one. i got the informed delivery email last sunday saying what coming to my mail box. i'm like wtf. :facepalm:

but back to your ? . i think, if theres no mail for you today. you will not get that email. it happen to me.

now. if you got today's emails. then your letter carrier was working from home.:CWL:

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
heres a strange one. i got the informed delivery email last sunday saying what coming to my mail box. i'm like wtf. :facepalm:

but back to your ? . i think, if theres no mail for you today. you will not get that email. it happen to me.

now. if you got today's emails. then your letter carrier was working from home.:CWL:
I get the email even when there is nothing, and sometimes on Sundays too.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
today was a decent day. just gotta get thru 2 more days and its the weekend off.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I get the email even when there is nothing, and sometimes on Sundays too.
yeah. its pretty good, so you know whats coming to the box. but it can be screwy when it doesnt work right.

Extreme Terrain